8. Make an ice block for punch — it melts slower on a hot day and waters down the punch less.
To make an ice block, just fill any container with water and freeze it overnight — you can use a loaf pan, a cake pan, Tupperware. To release the ice, turn it upside down over the sink and run hot water over the container until the ice block pops out.
Pictured: Fish House Punch, recipe at Saveur.
9. When you don’t have beaters, make whipped cream in a jar.
Fill a jar with a lid about halfway with heavy cream (and, if you have it, a little sugar and vanilla) and shake for about three minutes or until it’s the consistency you want. Arm workout! Less dishes!
More great tips here from Martha Stewart.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.