8. Make an ice block for punch — it melts slower on a hot day and waters down the punch less.
To make an ice block, just fill any container with water and freeze it overnight — you can use a loaf pan, a cake pan, Tupperware. To release the ice, turn it upside down over the sink and run hot water over the container until the ice block pops out.
Pictured: Fish House Punch, recipe at Saveur.
9. When you don’t have beaters, make whipped cream in a jar.
Fill a jar with a lid about halfway with heavy cream (and, if you have it, a little sugar and vanilla) and shake for about three minutes or until it’s the consistency you want. Arm workout! Less dishes!
More great tips here from Martha Stewart.
- The judge who sentenced former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner for sexual assault will no longer hear criminal cases.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.