22. Strawberry-Rhubarb Sangria
For the uninitiated, this is rhubarb:
-It looks like celery but its color ranges from light pink to dark red. There might be green speckles on it too. None of this coloring is an indication of ripeness.
-Depending on the variety, it’s in season April through June when you can buy it at most grocery stores.
-When choosing rhubarb, size doesn’t matter that much, but avoid limp stalks with split ends.
-Store stalks whole in the refrigerator 5 to 7 days unwashed and sealed in a plastic bag.
-You can eat the stalks raw, but rhubarb is tart, so it’s usually sliced into pieces then cooked with sugar, honey, syrup, or berry preserves. Rhubarb leaves, which are basically never sold with the stalks, are toxic.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸