2. Mini Pumpkin Jello Shots
Recipe by Emily Fleischaker
ACTIVE TIME: 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 4 hours, 40 minutes
(because you have to let the Jello gel)
Pumpkin Spice Jello
10 ripe, bright orange persimmons
1/2 cup pumpkin spice simple syrup (see below for recipe)
1 packet unflavored Knox gelatin
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup ginger beer or ginger ale
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
a few drops of orange food coloring
Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
4-5 whole allspice
2 pieces candied ginger, chopped
2 pieces whole clove
1 whole nutmeg, cut in half or quarters
First make the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup: Combine 1/2 cup water with all spices in a saucepan. Heat to simmer then turn off heat and let sit while you prepare the persimmon cups, or overnight in the fridge if possible.
Slice tops off of the persimmons. Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the persimmon, taking care to create a shell of even thickness. Place in muffin tin.
Put simple syrup in small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow gelatin to soak for about two minutes. Heat over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in vodka and vanilla and transfer to a container with a spout. Pour into persimmon cups. Refrigerate (also refrigerate the tops) until fully set, several hours or overnight. Serve with tops on.
3. First make the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup: Combine 1/2 cup water with all spices in a saucepan.
4. Heat to simmer. Then turn off heat and let sit as long as it takes you to prepare the persimmon cups.
If you have time, let it sit overnight in the fridge so that the flavor infuses even more, but this isn’t necessary.
5. Next make the persimmon cups.
6. Slice tops off of the persimmons.
7. Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the persimmons, taking care to create a shell of even thickness.
8. Place in muffin tin and put the cups in the fridge.
9. Strain the spices out of the simple syrup and return that to a saucepan.
10. Put the simple syrup you made in a saucepan and sprinkle it with gelatin.
11. Allow gelatin to soak for about two minutes. Then heat over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
12. Add vodka and vanilla.
13. Transfer to a container with a spout (through a strainer if the mixture has formed clumps).
14. Add a few drops of orange food coloring.
15. Pour into persimmon cups.
16. Refrigerate (also refrigerate the tops) until fully set, several hours or overnight.
17. Serve with tops on and a spoon.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸