I make this on nights when I want a crunchy and simple side dish. It’s one of those recipes that allows you spice to your mood. It takes about an hour, so I pour a little white wine, envision myself as today’s version of the Galloping Gourmet, and sing any tune that comes to mind. I never measure anything; the key is the consistency of the bread crumb mixture. It has to be just moist enough to stick well on the cauliflower. — Stacy Haller, 50+, Executive Director National Childhood Cancer Foundation, Rockville, MD
3. Baked Parmesan-Crusted Cauliflower
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
1 large head cauliflower
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup butter, melted
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pinch dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Fill a pot with about an inch of water and bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, rinse cauliflower, trim any brown spots or leaves, then put it in a steamer basket inside the pot. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until tender.
4. While cauliflower is steaming, mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano.
5. Place the head of cauliflower into a baking dish. Coat with the bread crumb mixture and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Donald Trump says he's making a last-minute trip to Mexico today before his speech on immigration policy.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Researchers have found the first identical twins puppies ever confirmed in the dog species 🐶 🐶