2. Batched Manhattans
Makes 3 pint jars; each pint contains 4 Manhattans
24 ounces rye whiskey (from 1 750mL bottle)
12 ounces sweet vermouth (the red kind) (from 1 750mL bottle)
12 dashes Angostura bitters
Optional: 12 maraschino cherries or 12 brandied cherries
For Gift Assembly
Printed or written Manhattan directions (See below)
HOW TO PREPARE THE GIFT
In each jar, combine 8 ounces rye whiskey, 4 ounces sweet vermouth, and 4 dashes Angostura bitters. Optional: Add four maraschino cherries to each jar.
4. Directions to include with gift.
How To Make Manhattans
Pour this mixture into a pitcher, add lots of ice, and stir vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour into four glasses, holding back ice. Garnish with brandied cherries or lemon peels and serve.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Apple has delayed shipping its new wireless Airpods headphones that were supposed to go out to iPhone 7 users this month. 🎧
- Hillary Clinton responded to that "Death Row Records" meme about her debate outfits.