2. Batched Manhattans
Makes 3 pint jars; each pint contains 4 Manhattans
24 ounces rye whiskey (from 1 750mL bottle)
12 ounces sweet vermouth (the red kind) (from 1 750mL bottle)
12 dashes Angostura bitters
Optional: 12 maraschino cherries or 12 brandied cherries
For Gift Assembly
Printed or written Manhattan directions (See below)
HOW TO PREPARE THE GIFT
In each jar, combine 8 ounces rye whiskey, 4 ounces sweet vermouth, and 4 dashes Angostura bitters. Optional: Add four maraschino cherries to each jar.
4. Directions to include with gift.
How To Make Manhattans
Pour this mixture into a pitcher, add lots of ice, and stir vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour into four glasses, holding back ice. Garnish with brandied cherries or lemon peels and serve.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎