10. Together they make a perfect combination of flavors.
Pickled beets - Sweet and sour, crisp and earthy.
Runny egg - Rich, coats the whole burger and soaks into the bun.
Pineapple - Sweet and charred.
Chili mayo - Spicy and rich.
Native Australians don’t agree on all of the essential toppings for their national burger — but the beets are non negotiable.
h/t to former Gourmet editors Alan Sytsma and Andrea Albin who helped put this Aussie burger on the cover of the magazine’s July 2008 issue and encouraged me to try one for the first time.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏