4. We could relate to Max
Max even had his own sailboat named after him
We all wanted that.
Everyone gets homesick
And Max, the king of all wild things, was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all
5. Being king isn’t everything
But the wild things cried, “Oh please don’t go, We’ll eat you up, we love you so!” Hey, it’s best just to be yourself. Especially, when you are away from the ones you love. There are times when you will feel lonely. In the end, power can amount to nothing.
7. Imagination can create the greatest things
Max had a great imagination. However, the monsters were from caricatures that Sendak drew of his aunts and uncles. He drew pictures of them as a way to escape his family who he described them by having “crazy faces, wild eyes and big yellow teeth.”
10. It’s only 10 sentences
That’s where commas come in handy. Plus, it’s the best 10 sentences you have ever read.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.