We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A no-scrub weekly shower cleaner you can quite literally "set and forget" to maintain its cleanliness over time — once you apply it after a shower, you just have to wait 8 to 12 hours and it'll quietly tackle the soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains without any of you having to argue over ~whose turn~ it is to clean it.
Promising review: "I have well water. Something in my well water reacts with copper plumbing and turns my shower tiles blue. Since my bathroom color scheme isn't on the blue spectrum, this is problematic. The well water also causes the shower glass to film up quickly. I've tried dozens and dozens of cleaners and scrubbed till my arms ached trying to get ahead of the blue and scumminess. My ambition in life is NOT to be a full time bathroom scrubber! I saw this stuff on a professional house cleaner's TikTok (sorry, don't remember which one) and thought 'what the heck, might as well give it a try.' Oh my goodness, the first day after my shower I sprayed this stuff all over and walked away. The next morning there was a NOTICEABLE reduction in the blue and the glass looked clearer too. Day two, sprayed again and walked away. The next morning the blue was gone except for a few spots on the floor tile and the glass looked amazing. Day three I sprayed the remaining spots and the next morning the shower practically looked new. NO SCRUBBING AT ALL!!!! This is my new favorite shower cleaner. The ONLY con I have is that it makes me sneeze while I'm spraying from inside the shower, but I can live with that." —L. J. Petillo
Get it from Amazon for $19.98.
2. A set of affordable, highly popular wireless Bluetooth earbuds reviewers say make excellent AirPod dupes, and will come in handy when you're trying to workout at home or scroll through TikTok late at night without waking up your roommates. These also have a mic for taking calls and are completely waterproof to the point where you can take them in the SHOWER.
These come with a wireless charging case that provides up to 14 hours of charge (with the earbuds able to play for four-plus hours with each full charge).
Promising review: "Best decision! These are the greatest headphones ever! I saw them on TikTok months ago and added them to my wishlist. I got a new phone that doesn't have the headphone port so I decided it was time to finally buy them. They are amazing and I probably won't ever take them out of my ears! 😂" —Katlyn D Arnold
Get it from Amazon $22.09+ (clip the 15% off coupon on the product page for this price; available in five colors).
3. Plus a pair of wireless sleep headphones that will play white noise or the music of your choice in a comfy headband, so you can enjoy the calm of it all night long (and block out the unrepentant chit chatting/action movie-watching of certain people in the living room who don't adhere to regular bedtimes).
Promising review: "I saw these on TikTok and since I have so much trouble finding quality headphones I decided to try it. I’m very happy with the sound quality and comfort of these. I’m able to fall asleep to my music or podcast without having to limit myself to sleeping on my back or losing an ear bud in my bed in the middle of the night. It makes working out easier as well. The value is worth the quality. I would recommend." —Thunder Muffin
Get it from Amazon for $15.99 (available in 13 colors).
4. A TubShroom, a little gizmo you can stick in the shower drain to catch everyone's hair before it clogs up the pipes and becomes a living nightmare. The hair coils around it to make it even easier to remove, making it both handy *and* semi-horrifying!
Promising review: "I hardly ever write reviews but this thing is so amazing I had to share. With every shower I take, I shed a TON of hair and (as you can see from the picture) stick it to the wall so that no hair goes down my drain. I thought this method was working out well but my drain was continuing to stop up. I figured it must be my sister's fault since I was so good about not letting any hairs go down the drain, but I went ahead ordered the TubShroom after seeing advertisements on Facebook. I got this thing and after only two showers, it collected a crap-ton of my hair that I didn't catch. It really is so easy to install and wipe away the hair, exactly like the videos. Awesome invention and I'm super happy with this purchase!" —Megan K.
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
5. A dishwasher magnet so nobody ever has to do the awkward guessing game of "what is the current status of this plate I want to eat off of" (or worse, nobody accidentally puts a bunch of dirty dishes away 😬).
6. A foaming garbage disposal cleaner you can plop into your sink, run a little water on, and let its blue magic fizz its way up to the top while clearing out all the gunk from everyone's culinary projects all in one go.
Promising review: "These are amazing! I was skeptical at first but I followed the directions (which are super easy) and was grossed out and satisfied at the same time to see the gunk that was removed. You put the entire packet down your disposal (I read that twice too) and magic happens in under two minutes! That is what I call powerful and successful cleaning! The scent is super clean and light with a hint of lemon. These will definitely be a cleaning staple for me." —KPITT
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $5.99.
7. A soundproof door bottom that is also *quite* effective against drafts, smells, and under-the-door light sneaking through when your roommates are getting up to loud or particularly pungent cooking in the kitchen.
Plus, you can get it in four different colors, so odds are one will approximately match your door (or you can paint over the white one).
Promising review: "I’m renting an apartment and my front door doesn’t brush up against the floor. There was about an inch gap which was annoying because it meant light, noise, and bugs could get in. Ever since I’ve installed this, I’ve had almost no bugs, no light, and so much less sound! It’s great. The sound blocking is especially amazing because my bedroom is near the front door and I hated hearing my neighbors conversations clear as day in the stairwell. It’s not totally noise cancelling but it’s so much better. It was easy to install — just needed scissors to cut it down to size. Then I wiped the area to clean it, waiting for it to dry, and stuck it on. It practically matches the color of the door so it doesn’t stand out at all. I’m very happy with this product!" —airazeady
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in four colors).
8. A jar of internet-beloved The Pink Stuff to make everyone less resentful when it's their turn to clean — this tackles just about every weird mess you've got in no time. Need to paint over a stain on the wall? Get it off with The Pink Stuff. Think you need to replace that caked-over grimy pan? Put The Pink Stuff to the test. About to hire cleaners to tackle whatever the heck is going on in your tub? 1-800-The-Pink-Stuff, baby!!
A lot of people compare it to the Magic Eraser in paste form, so even your weirdest, most stubborn stains will meet their match.
Promising review: "I used this product for my stove because it's one thing I dislike cleaning. I have used multiple degreaser sprays and they all are so toxic and don't work for me. The Magic Eraser was okay but I used several at a time and I had to scrub so hard. But this product oh my goodness, legit a miracle. It doesn't have any type of smell. I put the paste on a cloth, clean the area then wipe it off with a damp cloth and voilà, magic!" —May
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
9. *Plus* The Pink Stuff's Miracle Multipurpose Cleaner Spray, another Pink Stuff product that lives up to the hype — this version is especially handy for large surface areas like counters, walls, bathtubs, and floors, so you can go ham with the spray and lift it all up in one go.
10. A six-outlet wall charger designed specifically for larger chargers that also comes equipped with two USB fast-charging ports *and* a night-light, so none of you have to start your own Hunger Games over who's going to get to use which outlets in the living room or kitchen.
11. A 3D-printed key holder/envelope keeper so you can keep up to date with any bills that need to get sent or paperwork that needs to go out *and* prevent each other from accidentally taking the other's keys, streamlining your front hall chaos to prevent any irritation with each other.
Crossover Designs is a Florida-based Etsy shop established in 2018 that specializes in 3D-printed home products.
Each of these fits a standard double gang (toggle/rocker) light switch cover, and can be installed easily without drilling, nails, or glue.
Promising review: "Love it! Simple, sleek, space-saving, smart...who knew I’d be so stoked for a switch plate cover! Not to mention the customer service was very personal and attentive." —Kelsey Johnson
12. Or, a wall-mounted entryway organizer you can customize to have enough space for all your roommates to leave their odds and ends instead of them inevitably ending up crowding the kitchen counter or coffee table.
Beaver Lake Wood Co. an Arkansas-based, family-owned Etsy shop that specializes in home decor and storage products.
It comes with everything necessary for mounting! The back is installed with two sawtooth picture hangers and nails are included, so all you’ll need is a hammer!
Promising review: "So perfect! I love everything about this little key hook! It’s so much nicer than any of the ones I looked at on Amazon. The wood is absolutely beautiful and it’s super easy to hang (very solid too). 12/10 recommend :) thanks, guys!" —Avery Dolan
13. A Pet House candle that was designed to help eliminate pet odors but also works *wonders* eliminating other odors like smoke and strong cooking smells, so if your roommate's hobbies include smoking or "let's just put 10 cloves of garlic in it and see what happens," you won't have to put up with lingering smells.
Promising review: "This product really works. In fact it is the only air freshener product I have tried that actually does. We live in interior Alaska where seven months of the year temperatures are such that opening windows to air out a house is not a viable option. This takes out all types of smells: cat litter box, cooking, wood smoke from the wood stove. And so many fragrances to choose from." —John B.
Check out BuzzFeed's review of the Pet House candle for more deets!
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 (available in 16 scents).
14. A pack of erasable, reusable food labels because sometimes your roommates "forget" that the leftover Domino's in the fridge is not, in fact, theirs. Bonus — these are microwave-, freezer-, and dishwasher-safe for reheating leftovers and washing out storage containers.
Promising review: "I love these! Writing is a little tough to erase but if you just use enough pressure when erasing it doesn't leave behind any 'ghosts.' Labels stay on through multiple dishwashes, and water/oil from your fingers doesn't make the writing fade/wipe off in the fridge. Great food labels. I use them differentiate my food from my roommate's." —Geeg
Get a pack of 70 from Amazon for $9.99.
15. A set of acrylic shelf dividers that will help structure the shelves in your shared closet spaces quickly and easily — truly, all you have to do to install these is slip them on, so you can decide exactly how much space goes between each of them.
Promising review: "Love these! I even bought a second set for another closet. Super easy to slide on and reposition. I was able to downsize to one dresser by using these in our closet for shorts, workout pants, etc. I totally recommend these." —Teresa P.
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $12.99 (also available in packs of four).
16. A chic matte black calendar wall decal for reminding your roomies when you might need quiet or when other humans are coming over, so there aren't any surprises when someone's trying to record their very important grilled cheese-themed podcasts.
17. Or a magnetic chore chart so you can all stay on top of all the household tasks that need taking care of by divvying it up each week in advance, guaranteeing none of you are stuck on trash duty every week for the rest of your lives.
Promising review: "This household task list is exactly what I needed. I added the tasks as decals. It's easy to use and clean. It comes with pens and an eraser. It's a perfect little set to get started with. The magnet makes it so nice to just attach it to the fridge and it's always there so you're always reminded to do the tasks." —Nola
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
18. *Plus* a blank acrylic dry-erase board you can install in the kitchen or by the front door so you can leave each other little notes saying where you are and prevent the "Ummm, where you at??" text in the middle of a roommate's hot date.
1801 & Co. is a Minnesota-based, family-owned Etsy shop established in 2016 that specializes in family wall calendars, chore charts, wedding signs, and more.
Promising review: "I love it! I got it so fast after ordering and it’s perfect. I love the sleek design for my small home office space. I can’t function at work without a dry-erase board but couldn’t find any that would look nice in my office space, which is in the corner of my master bedroom! Having functional office space that does not LOOK like office in the bedroom is challenging, but this acrylic board is PERFECT. The black pen that comes with it has very nice fine tip and erases without a trace." —Dawn Powell
19. A shower curtain with POCKETS so you're not all tripping over each other's shampoo bottles because there isn't enough darn space to hold them.
Promising review: I LOVE this shower curtain. I have been buying this curtain for the past six years. If you have a shower that doesn’t have a lot of ledge room for all your 'stuff,' this shower curtain will be your best friend. You can fit so many things inside the pockets! I honestly only use like four to five of the pockets. You can also use this as a liner and have another more decorative shower curtain on the outside but I personally use it as a shower curtain. I usually change it every six months because it does start getting a little soap scummy on the bottom. The best shower curtain/liner money can buy!" —DAtkins
Get it from Amazon for $25.99.
20. Or a set of two traceless adhesive shelves for your bathroom or kitchen that *don't* require any drilling or complicated installation other than sticking it straight to the wall. A chic and easy apartment fix?? We love to see it.
Promising review: "I saw these shelves on TikTok and really wanted to try them out, as I have no shelves in my shower. The adhesion is impressive — they’ve stayed sticking for the past two weeks with no sign of letting up, and are holding about four bottles of products on each of the two racks I have hanging. I thought for sure they would fall after showering or something, but they have stayed strong and held up. I’m so impressed! I’m sure I will purchase more in the future. Super duper easy to install, they look beautiful and modern, and give my bathroom a totally different vibe. It’s so nice to have a product like this available!! Thank you!" —Sara B
Get it from Amazon for $27.85 (available in two colors).
21. A set of fast-acting Keurig cleaner pods perfect for any apartments that have non-coffee drinkers — if one of you uses the Keurig for tea or cocoa and are tired of it tasting like your roommate's coffee, get yourself some of these! This cleans up all the coffee grounds and residue affecting the taste of all your drinks in a snap.
Promising review: "Love, love, love this. Have used other products but they were not only complicated to use but did not do a great job. This one really works well and is very simple to use! I have used the same metal mug for my morning coffee for about three years now and it got really stained. I used this product one time and the stains were removed. The coffee maker looks like new again. Soooo happy! Going to buy some for my son and will rebuy this for sure! The price is most reasonable also. Win-win." —pennywrites
Get a set of six from Amazon for $9.95.