34 Beauty Products For Anyone Whose Routine Is 10 Minutes Or Less
If your routine is "snooze alarm, snooze alarm, panic, concealer, mascara, panic, run" then look no further for your new go-tos.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of Touch in Sol's reviewer-beloved No Poreblem Primer, made with a lightweight texture that seamlessly covers pores and uneven skin tones without having to use a bajillion products and tools to master the effect. Bonus — it's designed to be worn with or without makeup!
Promising review: "Even after only the first use, I was blown away by this primer. I honestly didn't think a primer could do what this one does. It went on very smoothly and didn't feel greasy whatsoever. All during my super long day at work (12-hour shift), my makeup didn't budge and my face looked so smooth and satin-y under my makeup. I have moderate to severe acne so my skin is generally fairly oily, but it's has also been very dry lately, and this primer made it so my makeup didn't crease at all or cling to dry patches on my skin. I can't emphasize enough how surprised I was every time I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror to see how smooth my makeup still looked." —MMkay13
Get it from Amazon for $15.50.
2. An acrylic desktop organizer so everything is laid out and fully visible in front of you, meaning you won't have to waste a single extra second scrambling to find your primer after you hit ye olde snooze button too many times again.
Promising review: "I searched Amazon for over an hour trying to find some kind of organization for all of my makeup. I usually just throw all of my makeup into a plastic food container or ziplock bag and it was just becoming very annoying. For one thing, it was making my makeup super dirty because all of it was just being thrown around together. So finally I found this gem and I absolutely love it! It came in two pieces that fit together perfectly and inside the drawers is a kind of rubber mesh that keeps your makeup from sliding around. It isn't gigantic by any means but it is the perfect size to keep all of the makeup I use regularly. I may have to purchase another kind of storage from this company again soon for my other makeup because I have way too much! But I love the compartments. Everything has its place now and the best part is that this was a great deal. The price was affordable and the quality of this storage set is so great. Thanks so much!" —Ashley C.
Get it from Amazon for $13.25+ (available in 21 styles).
3. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder, which is so beloved it's racked up over 57,000 5-star reviews. It's designed not only to give your makeup a beautiful blended look and last the whole livelong day, but to be super easy to apply — this doesn't leave a white cast like some other powders do, so you won't waste time blending it.
Promising review: "What a difference from my old powder! I had been using the Nyx loose powder for years but it always made me look so...dusty...this stuff, oh man...it makes my foundation look airbrushed on! Like, what the hell!? It has a very very slight sheen and seems to just sink into your foundation, no dusty look whatsoever! I am amazed...and also never using any other powder ever again...I love it when I find a good staple for my makeup routine, this is definitely sticking with me! And you get soooooo much! I couldn't believe how much you get for the price! Just can't beat it! And for added bonus, it smells amazing!" —Amazonian
Get it from Amazon for $5.72 (available in six colors, including translucent).
4. Maybelline's Cheek Heat Gel-Cream Blush, which is basically the affordable Cloud Paint dupe you'll love so much you'll wanna buy it in every shade — it spreads on your cheeks like finger paint and requires truly NO strategizing to blend. It is truly the easiest part of my routine.
I'm a Glossier Cloud Paint stan so I'll continue to buy it, but I love this affordable dupe, too! It spreads on super easily and can either go on sheer or build for a bolder effect. I got the Rose Flush shade and enjoy it for ~everyday wear~ since it's so easy to squirt a bit on my fingers, swirl it into my cheeks, and be on my merry way. It lasts all day and looks super natural to boot!
Promising review: "LOVE this cream blush! Goes on smoothly and looks completely natural and I am in my 60s! WOW! WOW! WOW! I am amazed with this little tube! And the price cannot be beaten! Thank you!!!" —Renee A. Parker
Get it from Amazon for $5.98 (available in six shades).
5. A tube of long-lasting, moisturizing E.l.f. lip lacquer so perfect for every day use that it will become a "must" in your beauty routine from the first use.
Promising review: "Even during this stay-at-home era, I continue to wear at least basic makeup to make ME feel good. This gloss is a perfect color and the price can’t be beat. Also appreciate that it’s both flavorless and fragrance-free." —Karen Templeton
Get it from Amazon for $3 (available in seven shades).
6. A set of itty-bitty dermaplaning razors you can use to take care of those lil' unibrow hairs that keep dodging your tweezers or work whatever face fuzzies you might want to take care of in a gentle way.
This tool also helps soften skin by gently exfoliating as you use it!
Promising review: "I love these things. They get rid of all the peach fuzz on my face! My makeup goes on smoothly. They are great for exfoliating and help product get in the skin better. My skin looks great and I'm 45. I hope they never stop making these things! If skeptical about how to use them, watch some YouTube videos. Now I feel like a pro using them. Highly recommend." —crackalackin
Get a set of three from Amazon for $4.99.
7. Or a painless battery-charged hair remover you can simply glide over super fine hair like the hair above your lip or between your brows instead of going into a full "YIKES" mode with wax — no shaving cream required.
Promising review: "I likes the painless and effortless but effective results and the fact I can do this as often as I like. No more $40 monthly facial waxings at this time of shutdown for indefinite future and this was my alternative, will save me a whole lot of money!" —Dreidel Collector
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
8. Fluide's Universal Crayon, a delightful high-pigmented makeup pen you can easily roll on your lids, lips, and cheekbones for an extra pop of color without overthinking any blending.
Fluide is a queer-owned and woman-owned business specializing in vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free cosmetics.
Promising review: "I'm a huge fan of quick and easy enhancements and it doesn't get any easier than this. Drag across your eyelids, lips, rub into your cheeks and nose for a fabulous rosy shimmer." —Teneca Kennedy
9. A bottle of Peripera Ink Velvet Lip Tint that comes complete with an applicator shaped to your lip, so application is *that* much more foolproof. Reviewers love this for how buildable and long-lasting it is, and how it doesn't crack or leave skin feeling dry.
10. Essence's Lash Princess mascara, because TBH, we've all wasted too many years and too much money looking for the ~holy grail~ mascara. This one is less than $5 and will give you such instant length for such minimal effort it'll feel like a magic trick.
Hello, that is my face above, because I bought into the hype of over 140,000 five-star reviews and now I will never look back!! Putting it on is like giving my eyelashes butterfly wings. It doesn't get clumpy, it stays put ALL the live long day (I spent all of last year's ridiculously hot pandemic summer wearing it, so I can speak to that), and you can apply it on very lightly if you don't want it to look so dramatic, or continue applying for longer lashes each time.
Promising review: "I am a 30 year old who has been wearing mascara since I was probably 15 or 16 and this is by far the best mascara ever. This beats Dior's almost-$40 mascara. A few times I made make up purchases based off of what reviewers and make up influencers hyped up and was disappointed, this surely wasn’t a disappointment." —Mary
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
11. The iconic Alleyoop Pen Pal, which features four quick, easy-to-use products in one tiny package. Each of the three pens comes with a curated color palette of four retractable colors to touch up brows, eyeliner, lips, and highlights, so you've got an entire quick makeup arsenal in the palm of your hand.
Here's what BuzzFeeder Jasmin Sandal has to say about it:
"I didn't realize I'd ever use a makeup product in my 20s that had the ability to transport me back to a piece of stationery I used in sixth grade, but here we are; and here I am using a multi-tool pen... for my face. I gotta say, I love the concept of the Pen Pal from Alleyoop! After using all of the functions (eyeliner, highlighter, lip liner, eyebrow pencil) and as someone who LOVES makeup but was applying as little as humanly possible during lockdown, I think it’s a great tool for anyone looking to streamline their routine. It's ideal to use for touchups come the end of the work day, or a subtle, minimalist way to apply makeup in the a.m. The brow pencil is particularly soft and pigmented, and filled in my eyebrows quickly. I just adore the ease of application of each product, and appreciate the universal, does-it-all-for-you concept. Plus, it saves me so much room in my already-overflowing makeup bag!"
Get it from Alleyoop for $25 (available in three shades).
12. Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer, an inexpensive lightweight concealer for anyone who wants to quickly touch up before Zoom calls or errand running, but doesn't want to commit to a whole layer of foundation. This also helps cover dark circles without caking and reduce puffiness.
TBH, last year I started using this myself (although this is BuzzFeed editor Kayla Suazo's lovely human face above), and I am mad that I wasted time with other concealers for so long. I am a deeply impatient person who likes to look good and does not like to put in effort in any way, shape, or form, and Maybelline created this so that people like me could gracelessly slap it on in the morning and be like "OKAY, REFLECTION, YOU GOT THIS" before being on their merry way. It never cakes, I look way more awake than I have any right to, and I never struggle to blend it the way I do with other concealers. 11/10 subscribe.
Promising review: "This is my all-time favorite concealer. It goes on creamy, covers under-eye circles without looking chalky. I hope they never stop making it." —YVonneM
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer for more deets.
Get it from Amazon for $4.33 (available in 17 shades).
13. Or CoverGirl's TruBlend matte concealer, which blends so seamlessly to your skin tone that it basically does half the work for you. A lot of reviewers noted that they didn't even *need* additional foundation or powders for coverage, so these lil' tubes are working overtime.
Promising review: "I don't know what to start off with besides saying how amazing this concealer is!! The concealer has a great formula that's easy to blend and dries to a matte finish. Almost didn't bake afterwards because the look was close to flawless. I'm big into bright under eyes and this gave me the look I love. This has easily made its way into my go-to makeup, and perhaps one of my new favorites." —Mandy Smith
Get it from Amazon for $7.71 (available in 30 shades).
14. Maybelline's Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer Pencil, an easy-to-use, subtle eyebrow filler just as effective as the ones triple its price.
The tool comes with two ends, one a small eyebrow brush and the other a specially edged eyebrow pencil.
Promising review: "I saw this product being touted on television and decided to try it. I had been using a $24 eyebrow pencil and simply could not find an even replacement until I ordered Maybelline’s Total Temptation Eyebrow Pencil! My eyebrows have thinned over the years and it’s been difficult finding a reasonably priced pencil that fits the bill. This pencil is very easy to use, looks very natural and stays on until I wash my face at night. I absolutely love this product and I’m saving money! Double win!" —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (available in four shades).
15. Plus an Onset Eyebrow Soap Kit, an eyebrow pomade that doesn't just fluffy up your brows for a little extra ~drama~, but holds them in place all the livelong day. It's basically like getting a whole bunch of extra eyebrow thickness without any effort!
16. Glossier's Skywash sheer matte lid tint with a diffused texture that blends so seamlessly into your eyelids that you don't have to deal with three other blending shades.
Promising review: "This is just so easy to apply and it's quite hard to mess up. I rarely wear eyeshadow for any reason other than going out and I'm excited that the color I purchased (Valley) is the perfect shade for day wear. I'm at the point in my life where if something isn't quick and easy to put on my face ... I just won't wear it. Very excited to try other colors as well." —alana
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in seven shades).
17. A reviewer-beloved, aloe vera-based curl refresher spray, because you've got enough on your plate to worry about revamping your entire wash 'n' go when you can rehydrate without frizz with this instead.
The Fro Experts is a Georgia-based, Black woman-owned natural haircare brand on Etsy formulated for type 3 and 4 hair textures.
Psst — this is meant to be used in place of water as a refresher, but per the brand, can be used right after conditioning as the “liquid” portion of the LOC method in your wash 'n' go or as a detangler.
Promising review: "OMG and AMEN ... Seriously, I have TRUE 4c hair and I have never in my 36 years experienced a true 100% natural/organic hair product, and for this to be my first time I'm beyond impressed. So pleased with my 2-year-old daughter's hair as well :-) Product does EVERYTHING its described to do :-)." —Rosanna Quinones
18. Plus a dry shampoo spray that helps absorb excess oil and give your roots so much oomph that you won't have to come up with some elaborate hairdo to hide them (or go through the whole shebang of washing your hair again).
Promising review: "This literally changed my life. I was one of those people who used to complain about needing to wash my hair DAILY. I have thin, light-blonde hair. I looked greasy and unkempt after one day, not even taking into consideration working out or sweating. But now?! A whole new world. I shampoo my hair in the shower on Sundays, just rinse my hair in the shower after days I do high-intensity sweaty exercise (three to five days per week), and use this in my hair every morning. It fluffs it, gives it volume, and makes it look brand new. I honestly can't believe how much this changed everything. Now my hair can look smooth and straight because I don't need to wash, dry, then straighten every morning (what a time suck!). Now I just straighten and use dry shampoo. I've used the extra time in mornings to improve my makeup routine, take my dog on longer walks, etc. AND I look more put together at work. Get this stuff. Conserve water. Never look back." —Eemn83
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $21.29.
Read BuzzFeed's reviews of dry shampoos for more deets!
Pssst — Batiste also sells dry shampoos for specific hair colors and in different scents!
19. A makeup-correcting stick for eyeliner, lipliner, and lipstick, because, in the words of Hannah Montana, "Everybody makes mistakes." Now you can make them fearlessly knowing this lil' corrector will make them all "poof!" disappear.
Promising review: "Why didn’t someone think of this sooner? For years, I’ve been using Q-tips dipped in makeup remover to remove little goofs or mistakes. This is so much better and portable! Erases waterproof mascara marks around my eyes easily. A must-buy product!!" —Katherine Riordan
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
20. An illuminating moisturizer designed to enhance your skin's natural glow ✨ — perfect for anyone who wants a lightweight alternative to foundation or just a lil' extra shimmer in their lives.
Promising review: "Love love love this stuff. This is such a stellar product that is so versatile. Can be worn alone for some to put some glowy life to skin. Add to foundation or layer it. Beautiful. Use it as a base wear you put highlighter on top. Mix some with moisturizer. This in my opinion is better than so many high luxury brands that make similar products. And I am pretty sure it can be used by all skin types. It’s not oily feeling at all and it doesn’t dry out skin either. Just a total package. Can’t beat the price either." —Figgy08
Get it from Amazon for $7.65+ (available in four shades).
21. A set of LKE Shadow Patches to prevent eye shadow from smudging or falling, which is the precise kind of safety net you need when you're on a busy schedule and need a little extra help perfecting it.
Promising review: "I don’t know how I've done my eye makeup without these my whole life! They help so much with eyeshadow fallout it’s wild! There are two stickers on them, but I only do the small top ones since I like to do my foundation before eyeshadow! They’re very sticky and sometimes take off some of my foundation but I’ve found if you first tape it on your hand then onto your face it helps!" —Amazon Customer
Get a 100-pack from Amazon for $11.99.
22. A versatile mechanical eyeliner pencil you can get in basics or a ton of fun colors — reviewers are especially obsessed because it not only rolls on easily and smudges beautifully without much effort, but stays PUT on your waterline.
Promising review: "You can't beat the price. The most perfect creamy, pigmented, and easy to put on eyeliner ever. I think most eyeliners are a bit stiff and kind of tug on the eye when you apply it but not this liner! I bought it in black but will be buying it in other colors as well. Also! If you like to smudge your waterline, this liner is perfect for that." —Kaykay
Get it from Amazon for $5.45 (available in 12 colors).
23. Plus a smudge-proof eyeliner stamp so you can finally get the perfect cat-eye on the first go without having to ~wing it~ (read: wasting eight cotton balls, half a bottle of eye makeup remover, and all of the minutes you were setting aside to make your morning coffee).
Psst — this tool is double sided, so you can choose the thickness of your wing, and comes with two stamp pens — one for each eye!
Promising review: "This goes on well and stays well. I cannot wing eyeliner for the life of me and this does it for me!! I just repurchased a second time and it's been almost a year since my first purchase...I use this daily! That means it lasted me almost a year. Can't beat the price point and quality for that! I also enjoy the clean ingredients. :)" —Nickel
Get a set of two from Amazon for $14.97 (available in two colors and four styles).
24. An easy-to-use cream-to-powder eyeshadow stick, so literally all you have to do is glide it onto your lid and then either use your finger or the built-in smudger to get the desired ~effect~. Easy peasy eyeshadow squeezy.
Promising review: "Oh you better get these. I have been ill and for the first time in my adult life, I couldn't use my hands right to put on eye makeup. I read reviews and thought I will try these. These are amazing. I put it on yesterday. Smooth, easy application. Goes on just as you see color, not too light like others I've tried. It is still on today from my trip yesterday. We were at my doctor and I was so tired I slept with eye makeup on, not unusual, LOL. I mean this stays and color for my brown eyes is great!!!" —girlyjohnnie
Get it from Amazon for $14.46 (available in 11 colors).
25. An almond-scented shimmer oil you can simply rub a few drops off onto your face for an instant natural, dewy, sun-kissed glow. Psst — some reviewers even put some in their hair!
26. A set of 10 quick-dry nail polishes for anyone who loves the idea of rocking some finger bling but simply cannot be tasked with waiting around for it to dry or get removed (these are my Dorito-eating hands!!). Bonus? They last for several days, but are also designed for easy peel off.
Promising review: "The set comes in various colors and they are all beautiful. The polish has a big brush that covers the nail easily. The polish is opaque but I did two coats. It didn't stain my nails or has a strong smell. The polish dried up quickly. I cook and clean, so it started to wear off on the fourth day. But I can repaint because of the easy application and fast drying." —perksofbeautyblog
Get 10 bottles from Amazon for $13.39 (available in five color combinations).
27. A set of durable matte hair clips for days when you want a quick, sleek look on your way out the door. These are designed for all hair types, and are so comfy that a lot of reviewers say they're a go-to for all-day wear.
Promising review: "I will admit I bought these from seeing them on TikTok and I needed new clips for my thick hair. I am not disappointed and beyond glad I got them. The colors are gorgeous and they stay put without hurting my head. I'm very impressed." —Amazon Customer
Get a set of four from Amazon for $11.99.
28. Or a fully adjustable chunky sailor knot headband to add some instant ~chic~ to your hairstyle on days when you just wanna throw everything in a quick topknot and call it a day.
Mia Marie's is a Colorado-based, woman-owned Etsy shop established in 2016 that specializes in hand-sewn headbands for kids and adults.
Promising review: "I'm very happy with this headband. It's very soft and light. I like that it keeps my hair back without squeezing my head or breaking it. The knot looks super cute, too! Totally worth the money!" —elena18101996
29. A Lay-n-Go cosmetic bag that fans out to become a mat so you pretty much *never* have to deal with the cleanup or organizing of your makeup ever again.
Promising review: "I was tired of fumbling around in my cosmetics case and saw this. I was skeptical, but...WOW! On my recent two-week trip to Europe, with constant laying out and packing up, this item was wonderful. I could find what I wanted quickly, right away. Packing up was just a matter of pulling the drawstring. At first I wasn’t sure about changing to this bag, but now I could not do without it." —Mojosharkey
Get it from Amazon for $29.95 (available in 12 colors).