32 Pieces Of Decor That'll Upgrade Your Home Without Buying New Furniture
Sometimes you just need to invest in a pretty pastel duvet cover and save the Ikea instructions for another day.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of fairy lights that will instantly brighten a dim room up in an unconventional way, and spare you the energy and time of wrangling with a new floor lamp.
2. A vase bookend to help organize your the books that don't fit on the shelf with some unexpected whimsy, instead of committing to yet *another* bookshelf upgrade to accommodate your growing piles of paperbacks.
3. A flower garland you can use to accent furniture and walls in an unexpected way, transforming your old furniture into something that looks like it casually fell out of a Jane Austen novel.
4. A waterproof, stain-resistant faux marble granite adhesive you can use on an old desk to magic it into a sleeker, brand new version. Just THINK of all the Instagram flatlays you can stage on it now!!
5. A sophisticated tile backsplash to give your boring kitchen some personality at a fraction of the price and *none* of the commitment — the adhesive is easily removed if you change your mind or are renting.
6. An eye-catching moon phase garland that'll give some balance to the space above your bed just as effectively as splurging on a new bed frame.
7. Or a piece of metal mountain range wall art to instantly center your bed as the ~oasis~ of your room just as well as a headboard could.
8. A set of stackable trays in pretty pastels and geometric designs to give your nightstand a lil' facelift.
9. A bottle of wood polish that will save your old bookshelves, tables, end tables, and anything made of wood you were worried about having to replace. This stuff is pretty much on par with putting your furniture in a time machine.
10. A set of corduroy pillow covers to switch up the color accents on your bed or cozy up your old reading chair (which, thanks to these, just became your napping chair).
11. A pom-pom throw that will instantly ~pizzazz~ a tired chair or old duvet cover. (That is, if you can own something this soft without immediately burrowing into it forever.)
12. A macrame hanging wall mirror to add some subtle dimension to any space in your home for a fresh look (and give you plenty of opportunities to admire your human face in it).
13. A set of gold cable organizers that'll tame the tangle of wires on your desk as chicly as possible *and* give your desk just the upgrade it needs to fall back in love with it.
14. A fluffy area rug to tie the pieces in your bedroom together in a fresh way (and make your feet feel like you're stepping onto a cloud on Mount Olympus instead of stumbling into yet another Tuesday on Earth).
15. Or a sweet little round accent rug for your desk area or living room that will add a subtle pop of color to soothe your aesthetic-loving heart.
16. Removable peel-and-stick wallpaper that can not only give a room an entirely new vibe with an accent wall, but compleeeetely transform an old end table or set of drawers.
17. A set of decorative faux succulents to give all your furniture some breathing room — sometimes all you really need to give a space a whole new mood is put some plants in it.
18. An eye-popping pintuck pillow to save your most boring piece of furniture — I'm looking at you, gray Ikea couch that 78% of us own — and magic it into something eclectic and eye-catching.
19. A digital download of WFH-themed wall art with some *Zoom's kiss* level sass to safely fill the "should I redecorate my whole home office??" void in your heart.
20. A set of floating shelves perfect for adding some dimension to the room *and* solving some of the clutter that was disrupting the space and giving you a decor itch in the first place.
21. A chair or loveseat cover that will update your old "blah" furniture with a pop of color in an instant — not to mention save it from the perilous hazards of pet scratches, wine stains, and the pad thai you dropped during your last Zoom hang.
22. A set of minimalist wall hooks to give your walls a sense of yourself (BEHOLD your extremely cute accessories!!), and declutter the space so you can actually *appreciate* the pieces you already have.
23. A sweet little floral tablecloth to update your kitchen table and give the room the vague Bridgerton vibes it deserves.
24. A set of LED light strips that lets you customize the color, brightness, and timing of the lights, and control it through an app on your phone, so you can revamp any of your furniture at the literal speed of light.
25. A decorative woven basket for odds and ends in your living room that gives the ~illusion~ of new furniture (and casually lets the world know that you are, in fact, an avid viewer of HGTV).
26. A luxurious new duvet cover in a different color than the one you already have, so you can test your furniture's ~range~ to keep up with your new bed aesthetic.
27. A set of dainty lace curtains for the littler windows in your bedroom and living room to give the whole space an understated elegance, and also make you feel like you should have a cup of warm tea in your hands at all times.
28. A statement wall decal to set such a bold new tone for the room that everything in it will seem just as bold and intentional (except for that one chair where all your not-quite-dirty clothes live, but that's a project for another day).
29. A set of removable dining chair slipcovers available in so many colors that you can swap them out every season, so it's *basically* the rush of buying new furniture without the money and commitment.
30. A three-tier hanging basket to give some personality to all the open space in your bedroom or your kitchen, and spare you from investing in another bar cart or nightstand for storage. Let your various fruits and colorful knickknacks SHINE.
31. A tiered plant stand that will free up the space all your green bbs are taking up on your actual furniture, and also give the room a relaxing focal point to put anyone who walks in at ease.
32. A sweet little dust ruffle you can use to hide the ugly legs of your metal bed frame, so you don't have to invest in a full-on wooden one. Plus a dust ruffle means you can shove whatever you want under the bed and it magically disappears forever, since nobody can see! (Forgive, Marie Kondo, I have sinned.)
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.