We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Just a quick note that you should always consult with your doctor or medical professional before using any new equipment or devices to make sure they're safe for you!
1. A painless, mint-flavored teeth-whitening pen for anyone looking to skip those fancy dental treatments that break the bank. This gets results from the very first use, lightening up years' worth of stains from coffee, tea, wine, or just...you know. Existing as a human with teeth.
Promising review: "I really didn't realize how well it worked until I took the after picture. Then I felt bad that I had not done this before. Let me start by saying I did not even do this every day. I am bad about starting something and not finishing it, but I did use the two tubes that I purchased. I plan on purchasing two more so I can get my teeth whiter. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get their teeth whiter." —Sherri Blanchard
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $16.99 (clip the $3 off coupon on the product page for this price).
2. An earwax removal kit, so you don't have to wait until your yearly physical for your doctor to be like "um WHOA" and fix it for you. This is quicker, easier, and will be a huge relief for those of us waxy individuals who sometimes wake up in the morning with an ear so fully clogged-up that it feels like you're underwater.
Y'all, this stuff is no joke — you can check out the earwax removal kit customer reviews to see the GOBS it is taking outta people's canals.
Promising review: "My right ear has been plugged up for months. I squirted warm water in there, peroxide, tried various ear scraper tools, then just gave up. A month or so later, I saw this product at local CVS, and gave it a try. Laid on couch with several drops in my ear for a half hour. I could hear weird fizzing noises. Then I flushed warm water in my ear with the included soft bulb syringe, and out came the culprit. Had to have been deep in there." —fixitforgood
Get it from Amazon for $5.98.
3. A set of itty-bitty dermaplaning razors you can use to take care of those lil' unibrow hairs that keep dodging your tweezers or work whatever face fuzzies you might want to take care of in a gentle way, without the hassle of going out to get them waxed.
This tool also helps soften skin by gently exfoliating as you use it!
Promising review: "I love these things. They get rid of all the peach fuzz on my face! My makeup goes on smoothly. They are great for exfoliating and help product get in the skin better. My skin looks great and I'm 45. I hope they never stop making these things! If skeptical about how to use them, watch some YouTube videos. Now I feel like a pro using them. Highly recommend." —crackalackin
Get a set of three from Amazon for $4.97.
4. A bottle of Elizavecca Hair Treatment, a repairing mask infused with collagen ingredients and protein extracts that will help restore hair health and reduce shedding. All you gotta do is apply it on wet hair after a shampoo, wait five minutes, and rinse it out — hair health restored, sans expensive moisture treatments at the salon.
This is designed to work on all hair types, with reviewers with 2b to 4c curls mentioning it worked for them!
Promising review: "This product leaves my hair soft and silky every time I use it. It’s a miracle product. There isn’t much of a scent, which is fine. It only takes a small pea sized amount. When I first purchased this product my hair was very dry and I had just been to the salon where the stylist commented that she could tell I colored and blew my hair dry often, not exactly something you want to hear, so I had a salon treatment done. My stylist, of course, suggested I come back more often and pay the exorbitant price of the salon every other week. I don’t think it was all that horrible but it was dry. I found this product on Amazon and used it instead. I’m really glad I did bc it’s saved me a ton of money. I don’t write many reviews but I really think this is worth sharing with other people and it’s also worth letting the company know they’re coming across with a great product." —Laura's things
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of the Elizavecca hair treatment for more deets!
Get a bottle from Amazon for $6.95.
5. A foot file that'll remove calluses and hard or cracked skin from your feet in mere minutes with some gentle, pain-free rubbing that will leave your heels feeling gloriously soft like you just came back from a pedicure.
Promising review: "This is the perfect tool to invest in to maintain soft and healthy feet in between pedicures. It has saved me lots of money because I'm able to space out my pedicures more often now. I've found the best results are when I use it after I shower and then I moisturize when I'm finished. I would recommend going easy the first couple of times because it's difficult to know how much callus/skin you're actually removing in the moment. Highly recommend though!" —Nikki Moody
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
6. Or a popular Baby Foot exfoliant foot peel — you apply the two bootie-shaped masks on your feel for an hour, wash your feet, and then over the next five to seven days enjoy the bizarre satisfaction of watching the dead skin on your feet peel away to reveal smooth feet.
7. A bottle of Meltdown acne oil for anyone who's cycled through a bunch of harsh prescription acne treatments from dermatologists that never *quite* do the trick. With its soothing rose hip oil and its redness-combatting black cumin seed, literally *thousands* of reviewers swear by this stuff.
Blume is a woman-owned, POC-owned small business based in Canada that specializes in cruelty-free, vegan, and environmentally friendly products for skin, body, and period care.
Psst — you can use this oil to either spot treat acne or mix it with your moisturizer or a clay mask, *plus* you can wear it under your makeup, so it's super versatile to your needs, too.
Promising review: "Will forever repurchase. As someone who deals with hormonal acne when pms-ing and the addition of mask acne in the past few months, this has been my lifesaver. It completely got rid of those stubborn breakouts." —Andrea P.
Get it from Blume for $28.
8. A facial ice roller you can stash in the fridge or freezer to help with all *kinds* of miscellaneous ouchies, like migraines, sinus pain, and jaw pain.
Psst — a lot of reviewers swear by this for relief from the heat and for puffiness!
Promising review: "I was in the habit of rolling a cold can of soda on my forehead to help with tension headaches and sinus pain but that was cumbersome and not always cold enough. This ice roller works so well to ease the pain from sinuses and tension. It froze very quick and I felt instant relief. The rolling motion even cleared my sinuses and I could breathe better right away. I love this. Would highly recommend." —DT
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in eight colors).
9. A dual hair dryer and brush to dry your hair as you style it and give your do an incredible amount of volume and shine, without the cost of a pricey blowout.
Unlike other hair dryers, this one can be held closer to the roots and scalp for a higher volume and lift and helps you curl hair at the end while it dries. It comes with three heat settings and is designed to work on all hair textures — reviewers with 2a through 4c hair mentioned it working for them, and especially noted that it helps cut down on drying time!
Promising review: "Oh. My. Gosh. Let me start off by saying I HATE doing my hair. It's long, straight and really fine so I just let it air dry and call it a day but that leaves it flat, frizzy, and a little wavy in the back. Well I got this puppy in the mail today so immediately jumped in the shower so I could use my new drying brush and this thing is literally magic! It dried it so silky smooth and gave me so much volume. I used it on the low setting first then high and was blown away. I will forever be drying my hair this way. I feel like a hair model LOL. So basically ... just buy the thing. You won't regret it!" —Chloe512
Get it from Amazon for $29.88+ (clip the $5 off coupon on the product page for this price; available in three styles).
10. Or a well-loved collapsible diffuser attachment for drying and styling salon-worthy curls — it's built with an extra-large design for quicker drying, and 360-degree air flow to diffuse hair evenly and gently, so hair can maintain its natural curl and bounce.
Promising review: "I absolutely love the way this works on curls! The collapsible nature of the product does everything it promises and then some. It allows the curls to collect inside the diffuser and dry faster without too much expansion, thus preventing frizziness — the designated archenemy of curliness. This diffuser is exactly what the doctor ordered for keeping the moisture in the hair, which is the exact reason you are washing the hair in the first place. You can also use this when you decide to do a wet down with conditioner (caution: only do this when you are a truly skilled curlista!) and walk away with a DAY FIVE that literally looks exactly like a day one fresh wash. Love love love it! Five stars all the way." —QueenOAmazon
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
11. A shampoo scalp massager you can use in the shower to massage and exfoliate your scalp. Not only will it feel decadent, it'll help tackle dandruff, promote healthier hair growth at the source, possibly saving you a trip to the dermatologist.
Promising review: "It's become a necessity in my routine. I bought this product a few months ago and I love it. I have used it every shower since then — it gives you a nice, comfortable massage on your scalp, creates tons of suds (so I've been saving on shampoo), and it seems to give my hair more body than normal!" —Kristi M. Kleniec
Get it from Amazon for $5.98+ (available in three colors).
12. An easy-to-use root touch-up every bit as effective as going to a professional to get it done — it takes 10 minutes to apply, and then gives you even coverage that lasts several weeks. (Take THAT, time-space-hair continuum.)
Promising review: "This is my go-to product to save me money so I don't have to go to the salon every month. Buys me a couple of months in between professional coloring. This is really easy to apply and I never have a problem matching whatever shade the salon uses on my hair." —Amanda Scott
Get it from Amazon for $6.59 (available in 17 colors).
13. A gel nail polish kit complete with everything you need for professional-level manicures without ever once interrupting the sacred flow of your Netflix queue.
Each kit comes with a UV LED nail lamp, six colors of gel polish, three bottles of base coat, cuticle oil, a toe separator, a nail file, a buffer, nail clippers, a brush, two cuticle tools, and a brush duster.
Promising review: "I am a low maintenance kind of girl and have tried other gels that require more steps than this gel. This gel literally is bottom coat, let dry under light, color-dry, touch-up if needed, and top coat and dry, DONE. Takes maybe five minutes total after prepping nails. Prepping is filing or clipping to desired length and cleaning up cuticles. Again process takes five minutes, all in is ten minutes to do your own nails, and polish looks professional. You have the choice of matte or gloss finish. I always like the gloss. I am saving so much time and money using this package rather than going to salon." —Elizabeth Stonitch
Get it from Amazon for $37.99 (available in nine color combos).
14. *Plus* a set of colorful, gel-friendly flower nail tattoos so you can have an entire happy little garden blooming on your fingers without having to book an appointment with someone to make it happen.
Tattoorary is a Netherlands-based, family-run Etsy shop established in 2014 that specializes in colorful temporary tattoos and nail art.
Promising review: "So fun! Really pretty in person and easy to put on — I didn't even use tweezers, just swiped the flowers off the paper on to each nail. Going to buy more!" —Ava Lauren
15. A stainless-steel tongue scraper that a lot of reviewers bought to prevent bad breath, but ended up loving even *more* because it made their mouth feel so squeaky clean (and in a lot of cases, made their taste buds experience flavor a lot more intensely!). Truly could be the $8 trick to skipping another dentist appointment looking for solutions.
Promising review: "I have entered into a new era of oral hygiene with this product. I've always brushed by tongue each time I brush my teeth but I couldn't help but feel that it was a futile attempt at controlling the growing white carpet on my tongue. Enter cheap plastic tongue scrapers. They were clunky, broke easily, and produced minimal results. Soon, I gave up and returned to my tongue brushing. Then I spotted this product. It arrived and I immediately tried it out. The design makes it easy to reach the back of the tongue with minimal gagging. The first scrape produced particularly nasty results on the metal tool. After the first pass, you get diminishing returns. Two or three swipes is all it takes to have a clean tongue." —The Yodler
Get it from Amazon for $8.66.
16. A color-depositing clenditioner you can either use in the shower to maintain your hair color or even out fading highlights, *or* apply to dry hair for to get a temporary tint all on your own.
Promising review: "Love it! I already had a bleached ombre style in my hair but wanted to add some color to make quarantine less dreary. I went for the purple. I figured if it didn't deposit a ton of color at least it will take out the brassy tone from my blonde. I did as everyone suggested and applied it to dry hair, I applied it in sections pretty liberally to avoid patchiness. Left it in for 45 minutes. After rinsing it out I applied a few more pumps while I was still in the shower for no other reason than why not? Left it in while I shaved and what not. Rinsed again conditioned for a few minutes to make brushing easier. I know this is a conditioner/cleanser but my hair is pretty dry from the frequent bleaching I always shoot for more moisture. It came out perfect! Even vibrant color (not a deep plum color more of a medium purple) very soft, didn't stain my face, neck, or hands. So far I'm very happy with it. I am hoping it's very temporary and won't be a hassle to get rid of when I get to go back to work." —chelsea
Get it from Amazon for $22 (available in 18 shades).
17. A knee stabilizer band for knee pain relief both in the short term *and* long term, whether you get it from running, hiking, team sports, or jumping up and down every time you hear a Bruno Mars song start playing at a wedding reception.
(Psst — you should consult with your doctor or physical therapist before trying anything new to make sure it's safe for you!)
Promising review: "Oh my God! I have had bad knees for decades and I have tried so many braces but they're hot, they migrate down and I have to constantly pull them up so I just don't wear them. But my knees are so bad it's hard to walk sometimes and so I wanted to try something different and this looked really simple, and if it didn't work I wasn't out much money. So I tried it and it's amazing! Instant relief. I even took it off to see if maybe my knees weren't feeling the pain and the pain came back after a moment so I know it was working. Weather really messes with them. Living in the midwest means spring and fall transitions are awful and the extreme cold and storms reek havoc on my knees. I shouldn't be this excited about a product but I literally carry this in my purse." —Meghan Dray
Get a set of two from Amazon for $10.99 (available in four colors).
18. A pair of cuticle scissors that are perfect not just for nail care at home, but for trimming those, uh, enthusiastic eyebrow hairs that like to shoot up Jack and the Beanstalk-style faster than you can blink.
With all due respect to that one weird patch on my right brow that grows faster than the rest of my hair, could you just ... not?
Promising review: "I threw away my old eyebrow scissors, which I had had for around 10 years or so, I would imagine. There was nothing wrong with them, aside from never being sharp. I know that technically these are cuticle scissors, but I really wanted them for my prickly eyebrow hairs. They work so much better. It is a very crisp, precise cut. And they are very strong. Excellent buy, including the price and fast shipping! I will try for other beauty grooming, also. I highly recommend these versatile scissors." —Rosaline Russeau
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
19. A tin of Cirepil blue wax beads that use a gentle hard wax to easily remove both the coarsest and finest of hairs in a matter of minutes, leaving you with skin so smooth that you're going to have to sit on your hands stop yourself from stroking your underarms and legs in public.
This stuff is used in a lot of high end salons, too, so this tin truly pays for itself in "trips not taken to get professional waxed."
Promising review: "This is the best hard wax I have ever tried! I prefer to use hard wax over any other wax hands down. I use it on myself and on my friends, family and clients. I have found that this works best for me when used on clean, oiled (lightly) skin. Using a light oil helps prevent the wax from sticking to and pulling on the skin, therefore only grabbing the hair. Easy to use and easy cleanup. I have found my holy grail hard wax and will be repurchasing every time I start getting low." —Stillkickin
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
20. Or for a gentler option, an easy-to-follow hard sugaring kit you can use right at home to take care of medium and coarse hair removal, whether it's for a Brazilian or your underarms, legs, or even toes. The process is not only quick and easy once you get the hang of it, and some people experience the hair growing back much finer afterward.
Psst — if you're brand new to sugaring, you might want to try the soft sugaring kit first (depending on what kind of hair you're trying to remove and your comfort level). It's for fine and softer hair like peach fuzz or fine hair on your legs, but it's a bit less ~intense~ for a first round.
Blue Milk & Honey is a Texas-based, Black-owned business established in 2019 that specializes in sugar wax, sugaring paste, and body care products. Each kit comes with 8–10 waxing strips. To use, either warm by hand or in the microwave, apply to freshly-cleaned skin, and apply by hand; you can remove hair with or without the waxing strips.
Promising review: "I have gotten my armpits waxed professionally in the past and have also used an epilator for my legs, etc. I bought this wax to do my own Brazilians — it works great. Took me a few tries to get the hang of as I learned but now it’s running smoothly! I usually heat the wax in the microwave for about 40 seconds so I can handle it better but it does a great job. The strips definitely help and are easy to clean. Also love that it’s locally made. I will definitely keep buying and keep doing my own Brazilians with this wax." —Meg Campbell
21. A salon-worthy eyebrow tint to semi-permanently dye your brow hairs for up to six weeks, helping either fill them in or to dye over gray hairs just as effectively as a salon tint would. A lot of reviewers swapped this for doing brow makeup completely.
Promising review: "Love this product and I use it every three weeks now religiously! I apply it with a little angled eye brush and I started outlining the brow shape I wanted with Vaseline or ChapStick to prevent staining when I first started out. I let it sit about three minutes once I’m done applying to both sides. It starts out dark and then washes lighter after a few days so don’t panic if it’s dark right after. It lasts about three weeks but has lightened a bit by then. I never knew how many eyebrow hairs I had until I used this product! It also helped me even out my eyebrows because they tend to be slightly uneven!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.95 (available in four colors).
22. A cordless, rechargeable hair cutter and trimmer designed to be beginner-friendly, so you can give yourself *and* other people decent haircuts if you can't get to a salon. It comes with color-coded combs to guide you to the precise length of hair, along with a mode for cutting hair near the ears, so it's as close to foolproof as a nonexperienced haircutter can get.
Each set comes with color-coded blades that correspond to the trimmer, two combs, a scissor, and a carrying case to store it all. Psst — dog owners!! A lot of people are also using this on their furry friends, if they haven't been able to get to the vet or a groomer.
Promising review: "Bought this for the COVID shutdown, and my wife has used it to give five haircuts total to me and our teenage sons. It comes with directions that help a lot, tons of height selectors, and even scissors and comb: a very complete haircut kit. She's never cut hair before, but we look about like what we did coming out of our $15/cut local barbershop, so..." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $31.99.