1. When people ask you if you're hot in that outfit and you have to try to not look annoyed.
2. When you're totally fired up for battle...
3. ...Then you die and are so disappointed.
4. When someone asks you if you're a Civil War re-enactor and you want to cry.
5. When the fife and drums start playing and you can't get enough of that beat.
6. When you get a new flint and feel like the ultimate badass...
7. ...Then your musket misfires and you have to hack that beautiful flint to shit.
8. When people ask if "that's real food" and you internally question their intelligence.
Yeah, we put all this work into making food we can't eat.
9. When someone shows up as an officer without a unit to command and you question their intelligence, too.
10. When sweat trickles down your corset and you know you're the realest wench in the Right Division.
11. When young children think you're actually 200 years old and you just love their innocence.
12. When you take a big bite into a black powder cartridge and it tastes like victory.
13. When you're trying to be stealthy, but the smoke from your musket gives your position away the moment you start firing and you feel kind of silly.
14. Or when it's raining and you simply cannot get your musket to fire.
Really not the best firearm.
15. When the enemy besieges you and you can't even deal.
16. When you're a female dressed as a male soldier and constantly worry about peeing your pants.
17. When the commanding officer tells the whole column to do a left-backwards wheel and your brain shuts down.
18. When things go boom and you get so jacked.
19. When you drank too much spiced rum with your pals the night before and don't even want to think about cleaning your filthy musket.
20. When you're trying to be a sneaky, dangerous killer...
21. ...But also have to worry about safety all the time.
22. When someone suggests you use a flash guard and you instantly think they're wimps.
Embers on your face or GTFO.