1. Abbott Supported a Mandatory Ultrasound Law.
Yep, Abbott backed a Texas law that forced women to have a medically unnecessary ultrasound before they could get an abortion.
2. Abbott Has A History Of Targeting Women’s Health Clinics.
In 2010, a Grapevine women’s health clinic was selling IUDs imported from Canada. These IUDs were available in the US, but the the ones from Canada were cheaper. The clinic voluntarily stopped distributing the birth control devices, but Abbott went ahead and sued them anyway.
4. Abbott Admitted Expensive Redistricting Was Done To Help Republicans.
Abbott wrote in an official court filing that “redistricting decisions were designed to increase the Republican Party’s electoral prospects at the expense of the Democrats.” A federal appeals court found that the maps were drawn with the intent to discriminate against minority voters. Emphasis ours because REALLY?!
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a real fighter for Texas women and families to be the next governor of Texas, look no further than Wendy Davis. Her impressive record of championing equal pay for women, vital education funding, and voting rights shows her deep commitment to giving all Texans a fair shot. Wendy began working at 14 to help her single mother and three siblings, and her story reflects what’s best about Texas: hard work, grit, determination, and opportunity. The EMILY’s List community of more than two million members is eager to lace up our sneakers and help this passionate and steadfast leader become Texas’ next governor.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.