6. POP DON’T STOP
In 2001, we knew local politics needed the strength of the EMILY’s List community – enter the Political Opportunity Program (POP) - focusing on recruiting, training, and supporting Democratic women across the country. This is where we find amazing women like Wendy Davis.
7. Madam Speaker, Madam Governor, Congresswoman, Mom.
EMILY’s List women do it all – from dealing with the Republican’s temper tantrums to tucking their own little ones into bed at night, many of our leading women are mothers too. Kirsten Gillibrand, Claire McCaskill, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Maggie Hassan- the list goes on and on.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.