1. On Tuesday, Paramount Pictures Australia tweeted out a poster for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
2. The poster shows the Turtles jumping from an exploding building, and the Australian release date is listed as Sept. 11, 2014. Particularly since the franchise is set in New York City, many found it offensive.
The movie will be released in the U.S. Aug. 8, 2014.
3. Many people quickly commented on the poster.
7. Paramount Pictures AU has since deleted the tweet and has not mentioned the poster.
9. Request for comment to Michael Bay went unanswered.
Update: Paramount Pictures Australia issued the below statement to BuzzFeed:
“We are deeply sorry to have used that artwork for the marketing materials promoting the September 11 opening in Australia. Combining that image and date was a mistake. We intended no offense and have taken immediate action to discontinue its use.”
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- "I do like him. I love getting his ideas." Donald Trump says he's asked President Obama for advice on cabinet appointments.
- Airline confirms there are no survivors in crash of passenger plane in Pakistan that was carrying at least 47 people.
- Donald Trump was named Time's "Person of the Year" and people immediately started making memes.