1. On Tuesday, Paramount Pictures Australia tweeted out a poster for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
2. The poster shows the Turtles jumping from an exploding building, and the Australian release date is listed as Sept. 11, 2014. Particularly since the franchise is set in New York City, many found it offensive.
The movie will be released in the U.S. Aug. 8, 2014.
3. Many people quickly commented on the poster.
7. Paramount Pictures AU has since deleted the tweet and has not mentioned the poster.
9. Request for comment to Michael Bay went unanswered.
Update: Paramount Pictures Australia issued the below statement to BuzzFeed:
“We are deeply sorry to have used that artwork for the marketing materials promoting the September 11 opening in Australia. Combining that image and date was a mistake. We intended no offense and have taken immediate action to discontinue its use.”
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."