1. Girls star Allison Williams has been cast as the lead in NBC’s telecast of Peter Pan Live!
2. In a statement, Williams, who said she has wanted play Peter Pan since she was three years old, called the casting “a dream come true.”
“Thrilled to be playing Peter Pan live on NBC in December,” the actress posted to Instagram. “I’ve been rehearsing for a REALLY long time.”
4. Williams graduated from Yale in 2010, where she was a member of a College Musical, a group that would create theatrical clips for YouTube. She covered “Breaking Free” from High School Musical with a friend.
5. She also covered “Tic Toc” by Ke$ha.
7. And Williams’ Girls character, Marnie Michaels, also became known for the music video she made of Edie Brickell’s “What I Am” that accidentally wound up on YouTube in Season 3.
Allison’s father, NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams, reported the casting on air Wednesday night hours after the announcement was made. And he sounded like any proud father would in the situation: “Family members confirm she’s been rehearsing for this role since the age of three and they look forward to seeing her fly.”
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as an unlikely go-between in an effort to help global elites understand Trump.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage will disappear under Trump.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚