1. Girls star Allison Williams has been cast as the lead in NBC’s telecast of Peter Pan Live!
2. In a statement, Williams, who said she has wanted play Peter Pan since she was three years old, called the casting “a dream come true.”
“Thrilled to be playing Peter Pan live on NBC in December,” the actress posted to Instagram. “I’ve been rehearsing for a REALLY long time.”
4. Williams graduated from Yale in 2010, where she was a member of a College Musical, a group that would create theatrical clips for YouTube. She covered “Breaking Free” from High School Musical with a friend.
5. She also covered “Tic Toc” by Ke$ha.
7. And Williams’ Girls character, Marnie Michaels, also became known for the music video she made of Edie Brickell’s “What I Am” that accidentally wound up on YouTube in Season 3.
Allison’s father, NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams, reported the casting on air Wednesday night hours after the announcement was made. And he sounded like any proud father would in the situation: “Family members confirm she’s been rehearsing for this role since the age of three and they look forward to seeing her fly.”
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have now clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘