2. First, you gotta rub that bird down with salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, and garlic.
3. Also stuff the chicken cavity with garlic cloves, half a lemon, and quarter of an onion.
4. Next, throw your veggies in the crock pot. Carrots, celery, potatoes, and onions… Feel free to add whatever else you’d like!
5. Throw that seasoned chicken on top of all your veggies and set heat on low for eight hours.
6. After eight hours, take the chicken out and place it on a cutting board. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. After that, cut it up for serving.
7. Solid meal.
9. Watch the full recipe video here:
Here’s what you need:
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2.5 lb chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic
- half a lemon
- quarter of an onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 ribs of celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large potato
Combine salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, and garlic. Rub the mix all over the chicken. Stuff the chicken cavity with garlic cloves, half a lemon, and quarter of an onion.
Place the chopped carrots, celery, onion and potato into the bottom of your slow cooker. Place your seasoned chicken over the chopped vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hours).
Remove chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vegetables.