1. Miley Cyrus raised some eyebrows when she brought a homeless young man named “Jesse” as her date to the VMAs.
2. Jesse accepted the VMA award for Video of the Year on Cyrus’ behalf and gave a moving speech to raise awareness about homeless teens.
9. Helt’s mother said Monday that Cyrus had given her son some money, which he was using to fly back to see his family in Oregon.
BuzzFeed has reached out to Jesse Helt for comment.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏