44 Things You’ll Wish You’d Bought Last Fall Because They’re That Good
A pouch that turns a fire into a colorful wonder, a "flannel jacket" that keeps your drink cold, a Hocus Pocus T-shirt, and lots more things that'll make this fall the best yet.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A cuddly teddy jacket that'll feel like a warm hug every time you pull it on. You're gonna need/want/etc., both the button-up and zip-up versions... in all the colors. Sorry not sorry!
2. And a lightweight water-resistant down coat as a topper against the fall chill that'll pack down to fit in a small bag. Affordable, available in eight colors, and easy to transport? Sign me up!
3. A range of fall stud earrings to keep your seasonal accessories as fresh as the autumnal morning air.
4. InstaFire, an eco-friendly fire starter from Shark Tank with four fires in a pouch so you'll be set even if you don't remember how to build a campfire from back in your Girl Scout days. (OK, I could if I had to.) This'll also seriously come in handy if you're all of a sudden interested in camping as a vacay option.
5. Or if you've already mastered actually building a fire, a pouch of Mystical Fire you drop onto your wood fire to create a colorful, magical effect.
6. Knit and faux fur-lined booties more or less made for jumping into piles of leaves. They'll keep your feet toasty too!
7. A tub of O'Keeffe's hand cream to give your ragged cuticles and dry paws a major overhaul because they always seem to get super dry as soon as the calendar says it's ~officially~ fall.
8. A Squatty Potty which, if you don't already know what it does, helps position your body in a way that'll feel more natural for your colon and, therefore, make going no. 2 easier. (More or less.) It's never a bad time to invest in one of these.
9. A winter hat that somehow looks good on everyone, which'll increase the number of days you'll spray dry shampoo on your dirty hair, wear a cute hat, and call it a stylish day.
10. A door draft stopper the least handy person in the world could handle installing to prevent cold gusts from coming indoors. Don't make your heating system work harder than it has to! Bc $$$!
11. And a roll of thick foam tape weatherstripping even YOU can handle installing on doors where you can normally feel the fall gusts creeping in. No more!
12. Cozy knee-high socks because the '90s are back BAY-BEE, even though you've been mimicking Cher and Dionne's style since you were able to dress yourself.
13. Or some fun wool socks in tons of colors and patterns you can let peek out from your ankle boots for a bit of color amongst a rainbow of fall neutrals.
14. Wood polish and conditioner to revive all sorts of wood surfaces around the house. Hardwood floor that looks gray? Check! Kitchen cabinets you priced out as a total horror story? Check x2! Front door you thought about replacing Check x3! Look at you with all your indoor projects!
15. Wondercide Spray that'll serve as a naturally derived alternative to your pet's monthly treatments because fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes are horrible! Your pet doesn't need to speak human words to tell you that!
16. And a bottle of Grip Clean heavy-duty soap made with coconut and olive oils so you can get those exceptionally dirty paws hands of yours back to their normal, clean selves. Yes it cleans THIS well but doesn't dry out your hands!
17. A bottle of pumpkin spice syrup for extremely obvious, tasty reasons. Your at-home coffee game is about to get a LOT sweeter.
18. An exterior shed big enough for recycling bins, bikes, a lawnmower, and other hefty tools in case you're tired of 1) carting your patio trash back inside or 2) staring at an ugly trash can that does anything but look nice with your patio dining set. It's a necessary evil but now it's a ~hidden~ necessary evil.
20. A snuggly undercover dog bed for your furry lil' angel whose prime lounging spot is in the middle of your living room floor. This'll look far better than their favorite raggedy blanket. And it's machine-washable!
21. A rust stain-removing gel to help the gross shower you've been living with all summer while you did your summer things. Lots of folks have gotten clean in that bathroom, but it that doesn't have to feel that way.
22. A KitchenIQ sharpener that'll handle dull kitchen knives for change when compared to pricier sharpeners. Don't even think about going at that pumpkin with a dull knife!
23. A drink-insulating "flannel" in the shape of your go-to fall outerwear so you'll know which drink is yours while keeping it perfectly chilly.
24. Some macramé pumpkin holders if you're more of the camp in displaying whole pumpkins rather than carving a jack-o'-lantern. Or maybe you're both!
25. A set of room-darkening velvet curtains to create a super dramatic look on the cheap that'll also guard your home against fall drafts.
26. And a window insulator kit if you wanna get a little more aggressive against drafts and sky-high heating bills. The clear film shrinks to create an airtight lining that'll blend in with the window panes.
27. An RTIC tumbler that'll keep liquids as hot or as frigid as you like while you go about all your outdoor adventuring.
28. "Blood bag" drink pouches to really level up any spooky shindigs you have planned for the fam. Reviewers say they're super easy to fill!
31. A pair of leaf scoops to make clearing out your yard much easier on your knees and back.
Promising review: "We have a very large wooded property that requires a lot of leaves and sticks to be raked up. We have tried various brands of leaf scoops but most lasted not even one season. Since purchasing the ReLeaf Leaf Scoops are job has been much easier. First of all is the way your hands grasp the scoops. These are much more ergonomic and are actually like extensions of your own hands. Second, these are very sturdy and do not bend when trying to pick up a pile of sticks and debris. We have made it through the season so far without issue. Next will be the dreaded fall cleanup. I highly recommend the ReLeaf Leaf Scoops which make our yard, woods and garden cleanup easier." —trouble54
Get a pair from Amazon for $26.95.
32. And a large waterproof garden dustpan can help cart all those leaves over to the garbage can. The large opening lets you easily shovel stuff into it.
Promising review: "As large as I hoped, allowing me to fill them with leaves and press the leaves down several times, to move a LARGE amount of leaves in one go. Two different straps are placed so the full bag is easy to carry. Flat side of the opening DOES stay close to the ground, allowing easy 'sweep' of the rake to move leaves into the plenty-wide opening. Might be my most-loved leaf processing tool this fall, because I save and chip all my leaves. I also ordered the Bully Tool 1000 Poly Leaf Scoop, which works perfectly to press/compact the leaves in the bag." —June S.
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $19.99.
34. A quilt set with cute fall-ish woodland creatures that'll help give your bedroom a seasonal revamp too. Plus, it's reversible!
35. Scaredy cats for some very cute Halloween decorations that'll deter critters like real cats, rodents, birds, rabbits, squirrels, and other pests.
36. Slip-proof slippers so you can avoid turning up the heat *too* much (bc $!) and scoot around inside on your hardwood floors without pulling a Risky Business. Remember when you slipped in the kitchen last fall? Yep.
37. A boot tray to contain the mess from your family's footwear after trudging through seasonal corn mazes or just raking the leaves in the yard.
38. And a ~washable~ door mat in fall colors you can park inside before you get to the boot tray so your fam can wipe off their dirty shoes before storing them. And it just looks so nice!
39. A Jason Voorhees garden gnome to help one-up your neighbor who pulls out ALL the stops for Halloween.
40. And if you know who Jason Voorhees is, Shudder will also probably pique your interest with its STACKED lineup of horror, sci-fi, thrillers, and more.
41. A stylish floppy hat can keep the sun off your face while you're exploring corn mazes and making the most of nice fall weather.
43. Over-the-knee boots for when you'd rather not wear tights *just yet* but can't walk out of the house with bare legs and a skirt.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.