28 Things That Pregnant People Swear By
Sandals made from recycled yoga mats, a rave-worthy foot spa, a super supportive pool float, and more things that'll make living with your baby bump a bit smoother.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A 4-in-1 floatable hammock to help you lounge in the pool because it's too dang hot...even if you're not pregnant!
Promising review: "I have used this floaty way more than I expected. I'm in my third trimester of pregnancy and seeing that laying on my side is painful and laying on my back in bed is a no-no, being able to hang in the pool in my floaty hammock has been a lifesaver! I've even found a way to double up the ends and float belly-down. Heaven!" —Allison Thomas
Get it from Amazon for $26.07.
2. A gorgeous nap dress you're about to get SO much wear out of once you try it on and see how dreamy it looks.
Promising review: "LOVE it! Perfect for maternity wear! Super comfortable. Not see through! Just make sure you're wearing nude undies with the lighter colors just to be safe. Great quality. Great fit. Highly recommend! I am currently 38 weeks pregnant.!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 15 colors).
3. A Squatty Potty which, if you don't already know what it does, helps position your body in a way that'll feel more natural for your colon and, therefore, make going no. 2 easier. (More or less.)
Promising review: "Are you pregnant? Then this is the answer to your prayers! I originally was gifted the Squatty Potty because I was desperate to poop when I was pregnant. Boy this thing saved my life. My entire household loves this thing. If you’re considering a squatty potty, GET IT! I swear you will not regret it. Welcome to the best poops of your life." —Brianna Laster
4. And a bidet attachment that'll *also* make doing your business a bit easier.
Promising review: "I'd never used a bidet, but received this as a gift. I'm now 7 months pregnant and moving around is much more difficult, so Tushy saves me a lot of effort. It's also just a great product — looks nice, very easy to install even at 7 months pregnant, easy to use. Considering I look forward to using Tushy even after the baby comes, I highly recommend it for anyone wishing for a more pleasant bathroom experience." —Danielle Nathanson
Get it from Amazon for $79+ (available in four color combos).
5. A foot file to help slough away the roughness and calluses on your heels that seem to be coming back with a vengeance after weaker attempts at getting rid of them.
6. And a beloved foot cream will make your old dogs feel like puppies. Or at least maybe middle-aged.
Promising review: "Perfect for feet in need! My feet were in rough shape from being pregnant in sandals all summer...even a pedicure did nothing. I searched for a product and based on Amazon reviews purchased this. It is scentless and easily spreads and fixed my rough feet. They are back to normal. The only thing I’ll add is i still had to do some foot filing in the shower in combination with the lotion but my feet are now back to normal!" —Family of six
Get it from Amazon for $8.14.
7. A soft, comfortable jumpsuit you can throw on with a tank and sandals for quite possibly the cutest pregnancy ensemble.
Promising review: "Love love love this jumpsuit. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant and this has become my go-to outfit. The material is soft and lightweight but not clingy. The straps are adjustable so I expect to wear this through the rest of this pregnancy — and then after! Will def order a size down for postpartum as it's also the perfect outfit for nursing (if you wear a nursing tank underneath)." —AOChok
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and 20 colors).
8. A memory foam seat cushion that'll help cradle your behind that's carrying a bit more on board these days.
Promising review: "I am almost six months pregnant and was having the most horrible low back/sacrum from sitting at my desk during the day. Even getting up out of my chair was painful. Since I started using my pillow last week I have not had any pain. It makes my work day much more pleasant and I don't go home at the end of the night with pain. Just make sure you don't have baby brain like me and use it the wrong way at first... smh. Get this!" —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $32.95.
9. And a lumbar cushion you can strap onto a chair to keep you cradled in as many ways as possible.
Promising review: "I'm in my third trimester and started having back pains. I got this to use on the couch and other chairs that were too deep. It's been working very well. I was previously trying to use some cushions but could never find a comfortable position. They also provide a lifetime warranty, which hopefully I won't have to use." —dublidu
Get it from Amazon for $32.95 (available in five colors).
10. A memory foam orthopedic knee pillow in case you haven't been able to get comfy sleeping. Lots of pregnant reviewers swear by this!
Promising review: "I am 18 weeks pregnant and this pillow has brought me so much relief. I was waking up with horrible lower back pains and just felt very sore in the mornings. I was searching through my what to expect app when this pillow showed up and said it helped with pregnancy pain relief. So I bought it in hopes to relieve my back aches.
When I first received this pillow I thought is was going to be too thick but it turns out it’s perfect! It not only relieved my back pain but my hips also feel much better! I can’t sleep without it!! Pregnant mamas with lower back pain, this is a must-have for you!!" —Kelsey Brown
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
11. A T-shirt bodycon dress that'll ~comfortably~ get you through a big chunk of your pregnancy...especially if it's during hot, sultry months.
Promising review: "Absolutely love this dress. I'm 19+ weeks pregnant. I ordered a small and it fits great with more room for my belly to grow. I would even wear this not pregnant. Easy to dress up or dress down. Overall, definitely buying some in more colors. And if you're pregnant... you need this dress." —Abby
Get it from Amazon for $26.99 (available in sizes S–XL and 32 colors).
12. Copper arch support sleeves that reviewers with flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and other foot problems adore. That goes double if you're pregnant!
Promising review: "I'm currently pregnant, been having a lot of food pain and swelling just from simple things. The pain was so bad I could barely stand long enough to cook a meal. These have been a game-changer! I can't wear compression socks all the time, they hurt my legs. But I honestly feel I get more relief with these." —A A Pom
Get them from Amazon for $12.70.
13. An anti-chafing stick just might feel like a savior during hot, sweaty weather. Chafing sucks for everyone, but even more for pregnant people!
Promising review: "Worked so well for hot summer days. I was 6–9 months pregnant during the summer and with a growing body, already running warm and uncomfortable — this was great. I used it between the thighs when wearing skirts and dresses, as recommended by a blog and it was awesome. Didn't need to reapply throughout the day and there was no scent." —Jennifer J.
Get it from Amazon for $9.48.
14. A vintage-inspired dress can get you through all sorts of special occasions looking extra cute. Get ready to send out that Amazon link!
Promising review: "This dress is seriously form flattering and meshes well with my complexion. I wore this during my maternity photo shoot and it worked out perfectly! Buy up a size because the top fits snug. This is a 2x and I am 8.5 months pregnant in photo." —Kelvin
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and 45 colors/patterns).
15. A biotin shampoo reviewers say helps with thinning hair caused by all sorts of issues — including pregnant folks.
16. A natural belly scrub as an in-shower treat that'll help smooth your skin.
17. A multi-use skincare oil that reviewers use for all sorts of things, including rosacea, acne, scars, AND stretch marks.
Promising review: "I don't wanna jinx myself, but I am 8 months pregnant and have used this religiously a minimum of twice a day since my first trimester--which, honestly, has resulted in me spending quite a bit, because I have reordered the largest size probably at least four times so it hasn't been cheap. I haven't had one stretch mark, nor do I experience itchiness. My skin is always super supple. And after I smear my belly, boobs, and booty, I also make sure to do a one over and cover my face with it.
I mix bio-oil with organic jojoba oil (which is supposed to be excellent for absorption) and castor oil (great for blood circulation and a variety of different things). It has turned into my oil masterpiece." —Mia B.
Get it from Amazon for $8.89+ (available in three sizes).
18. A foaming bath with Epsom salt and lavender for be a wonderfully soothing treat.
19. An all-natural tub and tile cleaner set to become your holy grail once you see it work.
Promising review: "I started using natural products once I became pregnant. I never thought they would work as well as the other brands but Better Life products have blown me away! They smell AMAZING without the use of pthalates, parabens, and is overall family and pet safe." —Shep
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $12.99.
20. A stick of belly balm that'll be super easy and soothing to apply. Its shea butter formula helps soothe itching and prevent stretch marks.
The Little Flower Soap Co. is a Chelsea, Michigan-based small biz that specializes in natural handmade products and gifts.
Promising review: "I am loving this belly balm! I use it multiple times a day on my six-months-pregnant-third-time-around belly and breasts. This balm is the perfect consistency; not too heavy (so it can be worn under clothes without staining), but thick enough to help soothe stretching/itchy pregnancy skin. Great seller and fast shipping, too! Thank you!" —Courtney Bettington
21. Or a belly oil that'll look (and feel luxe). Something useful *and* glam? Sign us up.
Expecting Bliss is a Minnesota-based biz that makes a variety of beauty and wellness goods.
Promising review: "This is my second pregnancy so I wanted to treat my skin to something a little *extra* than the basic drugstore creams I was using with my first. Everything about this belly oil is so luxurious- the frosted glass container looks beautiful on my beauty counter, the formula is rich, and the lavender scent (you can also choose lemon or both) is absolutely divine. Item was beautifully and securely packaged and came with a sample. Will be repurchasing throughout the trimesters and assuming I don’t get any new stripes, recommending!" —Michelle Morales
22. Sanuk sling sandals with super cushiony footbeds made from recycled yoga mats, which is GREAT news for your feet.
Promising review: "I bought these while I was pregnant because I needed a comfortable sandal. These are suuuper comfy and great quality, I like them so much I bought another pair in a different color. Highly recommended." —JKW
Get them from Amazon for $19.40+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in six colors).
23. A rubber squeegee broom (with a telescoping pole) to get DEEP down into the pile of your carpet to unearth pet fur for less effort than it takes to vacuum.
Promising review: "This works well for pet hair. We have two dogs and a house rabbit. They all shed a ton and trying to vacuum the hardwood daily gets difficult, especially since I am five months pregnant. Sweeping with a regular broom just pushes the hair into the air. This thing collects it in a nice line and then I use the vacuum in one spot to suck it all up. It is easy and our house looks so much better! Highly recommend for pet owners with hardwood who are tired of vacuuming all the time." —Cbrab
Get it from Amazon for $12.44.
24. A stretchy ribbed pencil skirt that'll slip over your baby bump at different parts of your pregnancy. Just look at the reviewers. Everyone looks so cute in it!
Promising review: "Perfect! Ordered an XL since I wore it to my baby shower when I was 6 months pregnant and it worked well! Nice stretch without being see-through. I ordered the khaki shade and I really love it. Wish they had it in white too!" —maria
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 19 colors).
25. A maxi romper dress can get you through all kinds of windy, fashionable events without compromising your signature style.
26. A U-shaped body pillow to hug all your growing curves.
Promising review: "If you're pregnant and you know it, buy this now.
If you're pregnant and you know it, buy this now.
If you're pregnant and you know it then poor sleep will surely show it,
If you're pregnant and you know it, buy this NOW!
This has been a game-changer. You will never sleep perfectly while pregnant, but this has relieved a lot of aches and pains for me, and it's really soft and cozy. I like how easy it is to manipulate into position with the detachable side pillow. It offers support on both your back and front too, similar to a cuddle, which is so nice!
I don't sweat any more than usual using this pillow (though pregnancy is still causing me to sweat at night), and when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, it's kind of fun to pretend that the side pillow is a roller coaster restraint that I can easily lift up to prevent myself from getting tangled, which is where this pillow really excels. If you're debating between different pillows, I'd stop right here. This one is a true gem!" —Meagan T.
Get it from Amazon for $39.95 (available in five colors).
27. A pregnancy massage oil that'll help you feel like you're getting a relaxing treat.
Empire Squid is an LA-based small biz that makes organic bath, body, and home products.
Promising review: "Mamas Blend smells absolutely amazing! Not sure if it’s helping with stretch marks as I haven’t began super stretching but I’m sure loving how moisturizing it is and how it smells!" —Diana Saenz
28. A waterfall foot spa with lights and bubbles to make you feel like you're getting a salon treatment without having to move from your spot on the couch.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.