If You're Cutting Out Meat, Give These 32 Things A Spin
Oh hey, mushroom "jerky" that tastes like beef jerky is a delicious, very real thing.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Misfits Market – it'll help you fill up on organic veggies and produce by sending you stuff that's perfectly fine but maybe not up to grocery store standards (think spots) in an attempt to curb food waste. I use it and can't stop recommending it to friends!
2. A produce dicer to transform those whole veggies you purchase to buy you extra time between grocery trips into the chopped wonders you can also buy at the grocery store BUT go bad lightning fast.
3. Or a manual food chopper that'll make quick work of herbs, fruits, veggies, and ice in case your knife skills could use some practice or you just wanna make food prep a lil' more fun.
4. A variety pack of A Dozen Cousins ready-to-eat seasoned beans, an extremely tasty recipe of a dinner staple already zhuzhed up for you, unlike the bulk bag of dried black beans you bought at the grocery store but have actively avoided because of all the extra work. These bags o' beans are great for bulking up meatless meals!
5. A rapid egg cooker to help you nail down a protein source in lots of different ways! Or just fix yourself a big batch of deviled eggs, which IMO could make for a great dinner.
6. An Instant Pot – it can handle 9 (!!!!) kitchen tasks in one precious lil' appliance body so dinner's ready as soon as you walk in the door. Reviewers call it their "secret weapon," which I guess isn't so secret anymore.
8. A mushroom "jerky" that'll help satisfy that smoky craving and texture in a vegan package that'll, well, have you checking the package to make sure that it is indeed make of mushrooms. (It is.) Even reviewers who don't like mushrooms like this stuff!
9. And a vegan "pepperoni" jerky to sub in when you're craving a greasy slice. But let's be honest, when are you not craving that?
10. A pink oyster mushroom grow kit in case you wanna harvest your own mushrooms and feast upon your newfound hobby. Plus, they're so pretty!
11. Or a no-knead bread kit if you'd rather use meat-smoking or burger patty-forming time to create some lovely, lovely carbs without the cumbersome part.
12. A handheld veggie spiralizer to help pump those meals full of veggies without spending tons of time on a bigger zoodle contraption.
13. And speaking of sauce, a microwave pasta cooker that'll help you achieve al dente noods ready to top off with some jarred sauce for a super easy meatless meal that doesn't require boiling water on the stove.
14. A microwave veggie steamer to help you easily transform all those raw veggies into super palatable sides for meals.
15. A Souper Cube, which is really just fancy talk for a silicone freezing tray for soups and stews. Each cube is a perfect portion you can meal prep, freeze, and then pop out and heat up as you want them. Yep, it's that easy!
16. Simulated chicken nuggets for the look and taste without, well, the bird! The coating still has all the crunch you crave and love.
17. And some grain-free pizza bites that'll transform from frozen to hot and delicious in a mere few catchup rounds of TikTok videos your friends texted you while SOMEONE (meaning: YOU, not your friends) was working today. Seriously though, they're *so* scrumptious and I've eaten this for quite a few dinners.
18. A cauliflower prep tool to make quick work of that glorious veggie. The quicker you can get to covering that cauliflower steak in olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and then roasting it, the better.
19. Daily Harvest – it's a great option if you wanna dip your toe into smoothies, oat bowls, and other scrumptious things that are delicious, meat-less, but seem to take up a lot of ingredients. (I'm not buying pine pollen and black sesame at the grocery store either).
20. BeLeaf vegan bacon to help round out those BLTs, breakfast dishes, and well, anything else you'd eat with bacon. (So many possibilities!) It's thin, crispy, and made to taste like the real deal.
21. Or some coconut "bacon" you can sprinkle on top of avocado toast, salads, and basically anything on which you'd sprinkle actual bacon bits. It's the little things like this that can really set off at-home meals!
22. An air fryer for turning all sorts of non-meat things into deliciously crispy versions without using a ton of oil!
23. Beyond Burgers that'll put meat eaters in shock and awe. It's an eerily similar taste though it's made of veggies, which is great if you just crave the taste of a regular old burger.
24. Splendid Spoon to help you fast-forward through the meal prep thanks to their ready-to-eat plant-based smoothies, soups, and bowls. They're even appetizing enough to lure in the most avid beef eaters!
25. A microwave egg cooker that'll help you whip up omelets, scrambled eggs, and eggs that are the perfect size for breakfast sandwiches in the simplest way possible. What's for a super filling lunch? Eggs, that's what!
26. Winfrey Foods Royal Relish chow chow, which is a delicious way to say a blend of veggies and spices you'll want in your mouth ASAP. If you've never tried chow chow, you are not living.
27. A plant-based cookbook with vegan versions of some of your favorite foods. Let's ease into it, shall we?!
28. An avocado slicer that'll help you safely slice up that filling fruit to use as you please. (Gotta love how this green thing really sticks with you from a meal.)
29. A truffle-infused honey to make you think "Meat who?" while you're indulging in your meal topped off with this stuff. Sometimes it's the condiments that really make a dish.
30. A personal blender that saves you an extra step by blending it in a portable cup you can drink it from. Basically you can dump in your produce, shake it up, pop the top off, and be on your merry green, vegetarian way.
31. Slim & Husky's Nuthin But A "V" Thang Vegan Pizza looks *so* good and has such a good name (like the brand's other non-vegan pizzas) that you might just convince your meat-eating dad that this is for supper. (TBH, I think it'd convince mine.)
32. Purple Carrot – it'll feed you and then inspire you to get creative yourself with plant-based meals that'll go beyond your go-to pasta dish or burrito bowl. I've tried it and, TBH, forgot I was eating from a vegan meal plan!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.