1. A set of closet cascaders to work SO much harder than regular clothes hangers when it comes to your slinkiest dresses and garments. Stop letting them take over your closet with regular-size hangers!
Promising review: "Not sure why I didn’t expect them to work as well as it sounds...but they absolutely work as well as they sound! Makes MUCH more room in my closet. I used for purses, jackets, tank tops, dresses and has been holding very well. When I need something, just push the others aside and raise up the one I need. Very pleased with my purchase!" —Dennis A. Evans
Get a four-pack on Amazon for $9.99+ (available in five quantities).
2. Or a set of cascading hooks that'll let you customize your regular old hangers into clothing storage beasts perfectly tailored to your closet's space constraints.
Promising review: "I've been known to use soda can tabs in the same manor but these are way more solid and fit more smoothly and steady. Cute colors, great price for so many.. split them up for two people." —Teresa Bauer
Get a 40-pack from Amazon for $9.99.
3. Drawer organizers so you can finally find that one pair of nude-colored underwear for that dress you're wearing to a picnic. (Truly, you can never have too many pairs of nude undies.)
Each set comes with four bins: a six-cell (for scarves, hankies, and ties), an eight-cell (for undies), a seven-cell (for bras), and a 24-cell (for socks). They're also collapsable and fold flat if you need to store them away!
Promising review: "No matter how neatly I fold my bras and underwear, they always seem to become a big jumble in the drawer. These organizers are perfect for keeping everything in place, and you won't forget about those items you own that end up buried at the back." —M. Hanson
Get the set of four from Amazon for $15.97 (available in seven colors).
4. Or a honeycomb divider that'd be great for tracking down your lucky socks to wear to the baseball game. Because we know the team will lose if you wear normal white socks.
The set snaps together with maximum dimensions of 13.25 inches x14.38 inches, but you can snap two (or more!) packs together if you want to fill more drawer space!
Promising review: "Okay, admittedly, I am a bit of an organization freak. I purchased two of these organizers (yes, you do need two PER drawer) to organize my underwear drawer. The gratification I got from being able to see exactly what I had, neatly organized, easy to find... Wow. I definitely recommend this product. And the actual dividers are well made and super easy to assemble." —Brigette
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
5. But if you need an even more customizable option, a set of adjustable drawer dividers you can cut to fit your exact needs.
La Belle Venus is a Los Angeles–based Etsy shop specializing in a variety of useful items.
Promising review: "Literally the most helpful organizational tool I have ever used." —Erika
Get a 10-pack from La Belle Venus on Etsy for $10.78.
6. A set of Shoe Slotz to finally solve the problem of how to fit in all those new gems you've acquired into the same amount of space.
My colleague Sally Eshorafa uses these (as you can see in the pic) and has great things to say about them. Check out her review here:
"This product SAVED MY SHOES! I have an awkward set of built-in shelves in my closet, and it was the only place I wanted to put my shoes. As you can see from the before pic (above), it was a big mess; my shoes were piled on top of each other and getting really dirty. Traditional shoe caddies or boxes didn't really work because there's not much horizontal space, so I tried the Shoe Slotz. It fixed the problem perfectly! Because the design smartly stacks one shoe on top of the other, you save 50% of the space you'd normally use to store your shoes."
Promising review: "Confession time. I am a bit of a shoe fiend. These little shoe slots have allowed me to fit way more shoes in my closet shelving (yay!) AND having them organized like this keeps my shoes much nicer — since they aren't all scraping against each other. It also helps me remember which shoes I have — since they are all visible. :) The little heel stoppers pop out every so often when I am getting shoes, which is sort of annoying, but still a 5-star purchase." —MoniqueRamsey
Get a set of 10 from Amazon for $27.99+ (also available in packs of 20 and 40).
7. A hanging jewelry organizer with pockets and loops perfectly sized for tons of hair accessories.
Promising review: "I highly recommend this product! The first pic is just a snippet of the mess in one of my many jewelry boxes-needless to say, having this organizer quickly solved that problem. One side has 32 pockets where I put earrings, association pins, etc; while the other side has 18 Slots where I put my neckwear." —PheonixRN16
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in three colors).
8. Hanging vacuum bags that'll help you find even more closet space (you thought that was impossible!). This is especially great for bulky items you can hang like coats.
Promising review: "Bought these storage bags two weeks ago to pack my winter clothes for summer, and they did the job perfectly. They are large and sturdy. I like its five-hook design. I can store five women's jackets or four big men's jackets in ONE bag. The long bags also fit my dresses. The biggest reason I bought these bags is that I do not need to fold my seasonal clothes; just hang, zip, vacuum, done! Super convenient. Extremely happy with this space bags. I will definitely order more!" —Jia Yan
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in four colors).
9. Plus some vacuum storage bags where you can store out-of-season clothes and then stash inside luggage...because if that roller carry-on is going to take up space underneath your bed, it might as well earn its stationary keep.
I'm linen closet–less in my one-bedroom apartment, so all my spare linens are folded up inside my rolling luggage underneath my bed. Set includes 2 jumbo, 5 extra large, 4 large, and 4 medium bags.
Promising review: "These bags are freaking great. My fiancé and I recently moved from a 2 bed/2 bath to a 1 bed/1 bath. We lost a lot of storage space and didn't want to get rid of our guest bedding when we are planning to buy a house within the next year. We use the jumbo and large bags for our guest linens/extras. I think the medium bags could come in handy for packing luggage for extended trips back home." —Kyra
Get 15 bags from Amazon for $24.87.
10. Clip-on shelf dividers as a topple-free solution for keeping your sweatshirts, gym clothes, and other drawer overflow in neat piles. (Those hoods always mess up other sweatshirt organizing options!)
Promising review: "These are great. I use them to separate the piles of sweaters, sweatshirts, and T-shirts on the shelf above the hanging bar in my closet. It helps me keep them nicely separated, even when I'm lazy about keeping the piles straight. I'm happy with my purchase!" —Maddie
Get a set of eight from Amazon for $30.99+ (available in three quantities).
11. And a shirt folder to make all of your stacks even crisper and tidier.
Promising review: "My first reaction was 'Why did I buy this?' because when I opened the box and wasn't too convinced by the way it looked. Then I gave it a try with a couple of shirts I had just washed and next thing you know I simply had to do my entire drawer! Everything folds so pretty, neat, and easy. I still couldn't believe it, so I ended up organizing our bedsheets and towels. I am amazed at how much of a game changer this is. It's a must-try! I am in love with how beautiful it leaves my clothes." —Jesus Antonio Vedia
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in four colors).
12. Or if you'd like to cut to the chase and want even easier access to your folded shirts, an EZSTAX closet organizer *and* shirt folder will turn that pile of shirts into an orderly display you can flip through to find that shirt dead in the middle of the stack that you wanna wear today.
Promising review: "I received this product a few days ago and have successfully transformed my closet, it is exactly what I needed. T-shirts, tank tops, sports bras, etc., all items that are flimsy on their own, stack up beautifully in this brilliantly designed product. They all look neat, I can see what I have and access what I want easily. I highly recommend it." —Amazon Customer
Get a 20-pack from Amazon for $49.99+ (available in two sizes and multi-packs).
13. An adjustable closet doubler that does exactly what its name says to help fill that dead space below your hanging tops.
Promising review: "This product has been one of my favorite Amazon finds, I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it sooner. It has doubled my closet space in my apartment where I can’t make any damage in terms of adding another permanent shelf — so this has been a perfect solution. It was easy to assemble and is sturdy. I’ve had it for a couple of weeks now with no issue. Your closet has to be pretty high for this to work or else your shirts above are going to get caught on the hangers below and for my case, some of my shirts are dragging on the floor — just keep this in mind when you’re thinking about purchasing." —Alex
Get it from Amazon for $17.97.