21 Of The Best Home Security Products You Can Get On Amazon
From a bar that'll keep doors shut to video doorbells to motion-activated lights, we cover just about everything but a guard pup.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An adjustable bar you can wedge against hinged doors or stick in the tracks of sliding doors to make it harder on unwelcome guests.
3. A solar motion-activated light ready to shine a light on whatever's trying to make moves in your yard. (I'm talking about you, raccoons!)
4. Or waterproof motion-activated flood lights you can adjust to highlight *just* the spot you need.
5. A standalone safe to stash the important stuff you don't wanna shred just yet, like social security cards, passports, and the like.
7. A reinforcement lock that's designed to withstand up to 800 lbs. of force, so it's perfect for a swing-in door.
9. Frosted window film to prevent unwelcome snoopers from peeking inside windows, door transoms, and other glass surfaces on your home's exterior.
10. Window alarms that run on batteries and will make a 120-decibel noise (aka, LOUD) once the two parts detach thanks to someone prying open your window.
11. Or compact alarms for making a 100-decibel ruckus if your window even starts vibrating, like if someone were trying to jimmy their way in your home.
12. A wireless driveway alarm that'll especially come in handy for folks without close neighbors or who just have extremely long driveways. (Lucky you!)
13. And a doorbell-like alarm (with a chime option) that could be good for placing at the rarely used back entrance to your home.
14. An Echo Show to help you check in on loved ones and make regular phone calls easier as video calls.
16. Security system signs to tell folks outright that you don't mess around with your home's security.
18. A touchscreen smart deadbolt you can use with Alexa. It comes in several finishes and styles, so it'll be easy finding the perfect fit for your home.
19. A home paper shredder for cross-cutting paper and credit cards into tiny strips, lest anyone get any ideas going through your garbage.
20. A dome camera that'll pan, tilt, and zoom to be your eye in the sky (or mounted on a surface) when you're not there.
21. A wireless home monitoring system equipped with most basics available in other systems and mobile alerts as a good starter.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.