35 Things For People Who Love Food But Hate Cooking
Most everything but a time machine to transport you to your full plate in front of you.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Pre-made simmer sauces that'll really zhuzh up that plain chicken breast you have thawing in the sink. Seriously, just dump that sauce on it once it's cooked in the pan! (Psst, they're also Keto- and Paleo-friendly but IMO don't taste like it.)
2. Or The Omsom Bundle, which is really just fancy talk for flavorful Asian dish starters (aka, the sauces, aromatics, and seasonings) to keep stashed in your pantry for heavy lifting. Each comes with recipes you can easily follow along. Just add protein and veggies!
3. A couple of pot minders to prevent some spill over that always seems to ruin a cooking session, even if you fully recover after!
4. And a splatter guard so when you turn up the heat just a bit too high all is not lost and you're not caught with piping-hot sauce all over your hands and clothes.
5. A variety pack of A Dozen Cousins ready-to-eat seasoned beans, an extremely tasty recipe of a dinner staple. You only have to put the bag in the microwave for 60 seconds, which'll help you concentrate on the other parts of your meal. (I recently mixed the Trini Chickpea Curry with leftover rice for a super satisfying weekday lunch.)
6. SoCu Kitchen pancake and waffle mix — this one is lemon and blueberry! — for when that breakfast-for-dinner craving hits and assembling pancake mix from your pantry goods is too much effort. (Also, this'll taste drastically better.)
7. A holy grail Instant Pot that, OK yes, I know you've seen in BuzzFeed shopping stories frequently BUT the Amazon reviews are full of people who are bad cooks but have turned around their skills thanks to this beaut. Plus, it won't heat up your kitchen like the oven!
8. And some slow-cooker liners to make cleanup a total cinch. Sometime a super easy cleanup can help motivate yourself to cook (or maybe that's just me).
9. And Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook so you can get cracking on a series of very easy, extremely tasty Instant Pot recipes.
10. A car vent dip clip so you're always prepared for a seriously saucey situation on the go because sometimes (scratch that, MANY times) it's just easier to hit up the drive-thru then heat up the oven.
11. A rapid egg cooker to help you nail down a protein source in lots of different ways! Or just fix yourself a big batch of deviled eggs, which IMO could make for a great dinner. I for one have yet to master a hard-boiled egg and know there are others out there!
13. An excellent chef's knife to help you cut up those whole ingredients with finesse so that's one less thing you've gotta worry about. ICYMI, cutting with dull knives is extremely dangerous!
14. And a bamboo cutting board with color-coded mats so you don't have to keep washing the same cutting board over and over again while you're just cooking one dang meal. Oh and the mats? They're dishwasher-safe.
15. Or a produce dicer to transform those whole veggies you purchase to buy you extra time between grocery trips into the chopped wonders you can also buy at the grocery store BUT go bad lightning fast. Also, chopping up ingredients reaalllly slows down meal prep when you accept defeat and decide to cook.
16. A Rapid Ramen Cooker from Shark Tank that'll transform a brick of noods into the base for a delish meal in just three minutes in the microwave! 'Tis time to put that ramen you've been hoarding in the pantry to tasty use.
17. Or if you wanna elevate your pantry old faithful, a Sun Noodle “Tantanmen” ramen kit to ensnare that restaurant taste for a mere short trip from your couch to microwave back to couch.
18. A family size air fryer with an auto-shutoff so you don't overcook that juicy rotisserie chicken. Also, just google "air fryer recipe" and actually feel yourself get excited about what you can make in this appliance!
19. A rotating countertop oven for ~evenly~ cooking all sorts of frozen goodies. (Aka NOT overcooking, thanks to a timer!)
20. A sous vide cooker to mind your food and make a cheap cut of steak taste like something from a fancy restaurant.
21. Freshly pre-cooked meals can help sub in for other grab 'n' go lunches you can shove in the microwave for something that doesn't *taste* like a microwave meal.
22. Or Splendid Spoon if you're plant-based to help you fast-forward through the meal prep thanks to their ready-to-eat smoothies, soups, and bowls. They're even appetizing enough to lure in the most avid beef eaters!
23. *Reusable* toaster bags to help you achieve peak sandwich at home without firing up the stovetop *or* catching your toaster on fire! Gotta love a hot sandwich for dinner!
24. A Pig of the Month Club subscription – it comes with lots o' meaty options that are all but ready for ya'. Here's to the hard work having been already done for some amazing ribs that landed on your doorstep.
25. TJ's everything bagel seasoning to dump all over your scrambled eggs, sandwiches, really most whatever. It'll take your impromptu DIY meals up a notch with a shake of your wrist.
26. A Hungryroot grocery delivery with 10-minute recipes tailored to your dietary needs/wants because you've been meaning to do so more research into buys that don't have artificial sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. But that sounds like a whole lotta work and your belly is eating your backbone.
27. A manual heat-resistant food chopper to help break up that block of ground meat so you can get to eating even faster. It also chops up boiled eggs, fruits, potatoes, and more.
28. A truffle-infused honey that'll transform lots of stuff you just happen to have around rather than boil some water. Sometimes it's the condiments that really make a dish.
29. An automatic bread maker to help you whip up some breads, cakes, and jams that might just have friends texting you "Is that bread ready?"
30. MingsBings, aka delicious vegan patties you can eat quickly. But these aren't your average convenience food. They're made by a James Beard award-winning chef!
31. A food processor that'll handle chopping, slicing, and pureeing ingredients so you don't have to fuss with that.
32. A griddler to take meat and veggies from zero to delicious. Oh, and it's great for making a grilled cheese or panini!
33. A breakfast sandwich maker that'll help you assemble, quickly cook, and then scarf down a sammie. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
34. A microwave pasta cooker to help you achieve al dente noods ready to top off with some jarred sauce. Who wants to turn on the stove and wait for that salted water to boil if you don't have to?! Not me.
35. And some jarred truffle-infused pasta sauce for quite possibly the fanciest take on a lazy meal.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.