5. Pasta Carbonara with Edamame
There are competing theories about the origins of pasta carbonara: Some say that it was a dish cooked in the mountains by Italian charcoal makers, while others say that the abundant use of cracked black pepper in the dish resembles flakes of coal. Either way, carbonara is an amazing pasta dish. The cooked pasta is tossed with rendered bacon, browned onion, and garlic, then gets a slick coating of beaten eggs and parmesan. It may seem strange to pour raw eggs on top of cooked pasta, but the residual heat from the pasta cooks the eggs and turns them into an addictively rich coating for the noodles.
Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week which we deliver to your door hassle-free. (It comes in that box above!) Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). The fresh and exceptional ingredients are ready for you to cook. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. It’s a convenient and fun way bring out your inner cook in your own kitchen by following our designer chefs’ step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes by ordering here.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏