39 Home Products So Easy To Use They Might Just Save You A Call To Your Handyman
DIY never looked so easy.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A roll of very handy window screen repair tape, a temporary (or not so temporary) way to repair small cuts or tears in your screen door without having to replace the whole thing.
2. A simple to install TV wall mount that doesn't require any studs for installations — well besides you of course.
3. A bottle of drywall repair putty you apply in a small circular motion to get rid of those tiny holes in your walls before you paint.
4. Or try this all-in-one 3M hole repair applicator that lets you apply, smooth, and sand down the spackle without needing to get any other tools.
5. A set of NoNo Brackets — curtain rod brackets you can mount to your existing blinds so that you don't have to drill any holes.
6. An all-in-one Hang-O-Matic picture hanging tool so anything you decide to put on your walls is totally level — and you don't have to do the walk of shame back to your walls to drill a second set of holes.
7. A handy grout pen – with a little elbow grease, it can get your stained grout lines on your tiled floors and walls looking like new again. Its formula is mold-resistant and one pen can cover up to 60 meters of grout area.
8. Or forget painting your grout and use an acid-free grout cleaner that goes in deep to get even the dirtiest, grossest crevices and leave you with brand new **looking** grout.
9. A pack of Command picture-hanging strips that'll aid you in hanging your ever-growing art collection without digging any holes into your walls.
10. A pack of clog-removing drain tools to get deep down in there to get anything blocking up your sink and drains.
11. And while you're at it try a magnificent TubShroom, because if you've ever had to deal with a clogged bathtub drain, you never want to have to deal with it again — and this little guy will make sure you don't have to!
12. A miraculous little bottle of Quick N Brite Fireplace Cleaner designed to clean away soot, smoke, creosote, and ash from nearly any fireplace — brick, stone, tile, rock. You name it!
13. A guided gallery wall kit that includes everything you need to create one — including seven frames, a hanging template, hardware, and even some pretty black-and-white prints that you can use or replace.
14. A super bubbly Glisten Disposer Care Foaming Drain and Pipe Cleaner that'll safely deodorize your garbage disposal while it scrubs away any tough grunge or build-up that causes your sink to back up and maybe even smell a little bit. It comes in a biodegradable packet that you can just drop in.
15. A pack of stick-on adhesive stainless-steel hooks to hold anything you'd need to grab before you head out the door.
16. A genius and super discreet three-outlet power strip that's designed to look like your already existing plug while helping you keep the cords organized.
17. A bacteria- and virus-killing Clorox Toilet Wand Starter Kit complete with disposable heads perfect for letting you get all up in your toilet's filth without having to actually get anywhere near it — and that might actually give you a little more time before you need to fully replace it.
18. A set of magnetic decorative hinges to give your garage door that carriage look without that carriage price — and they're magnetic so they don't require any drilling or tools, just stick them on and bam! Instant curb appeal.
19. A super simple recess lighting conversion kit so you can finally install the pendant lighting you've been eyeing.
20. Or if you really like your lighting but just want a new look, an easy-to-install medallion can help add a little character.
21. A fillable touch-up paint pen for those quick fixes on anything that's showing signs of wear and tear.
22. A peel-and-stick subway tile backsplash to give your kitchen (or bathroom) an upgrade that doesn't require any actual tiling work.
23. A restorative Howard Products Wood Polish & Conditioner that uses beeswax to help give luster to any wood surface — floors, tables, legs...whatever! If you're looking to bring new life to your worn floors you might want to try this before calling on some professionals.
24. A one-day cabinet makeover kit to give your kitchen that just-remodeled feeling for pennies versus what it would cost to replace them.
25. A four-shelf closet system that requires no drilling, no tools — it snaps together and grips to the floor and ceiling for support.
26. A discreet and simple wooden stove cover to give yourself more counter space without having to actually build anything.
27. A low VOC, low odor, water-based acrylic DIY paint kit so you can upgrade any of your countertops to faux granite in just about a weekend worth of work. It's ideal to help cover Formica, laminate, Corian, ceramic tile, butcher blocks, cultured marble, and traditional granite counters.
28. A genius Pop Up Pet Door that you secure between your wall and sliding door to create a passageway for your furry friends while keeping the heat, cold, bugs, whatever where it's supposed to be.
30. A versatile Katzco Furniture Repair Kit for anyone lookin' to freshen up their wooden doors, furniture, or fixtures without having to replace them. It comes with six wood markers and six wax sticks all designed to match whatever wood you need fixed.
33. A set of Alexa and Google Home voice-controlled LED Lights that are easily applied under and above your cabinets and that can shine in up to 16 million color options. MILLION.
34. A bottle of Oh Yuk Jetted Tub Cleaner — it'll clean out all the gunk from your bathtub jets so that when you choose to marinate in your own juices, the pot you're doing it in is totally clean.
35. A pack of three nylon brushes you attach to your drill for a super scrub you thought was only possible by professionals.
36. An easy-to-install outlet cover plate designed with LED lights so that it can double as a nightlight.
38. A straight-up mesmerizing oil stain remover capable of getting the toughest, baked-on grease stains out of your concrete floors and driveways.
39. And finally, a hexagonal-shaped shelf designed with three adhesive bands on the back that can store up to four pounds — so no drilling needed.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.