6. Rumtopf (Macerated Fruit Conserve)
Add a glug of this macerated fruit conserve, featuring red currants, blackberries and sour cherries to the bottom of a champagne flute, then fill with bubbly for a festive summer brunch cocktail. (Though it’s equally good spooned over pound cake, mixed into ice cream or dolloped with yogurt)
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- A lawsuit has been filed against a renowned UC Berkeley professor who allegedly sexually harassed and assaulted a former student and employee.