Start your roommate relationship off right by asking a few creative questions. "Students should get to know their roommate, rather than simply focusing on how to get along with them," says Angie Harris, associate dean of students and director of residence life at Dickinson College.
Here are 10 icebreakers, developed by Dickinson's resident advisors:
1. What type of candy describes your personality and why?
2. If you could be any age forever what would it be and why?
3. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. If you were offered the gift of mind reading, would you accept or decline?
5. If you had to create a slogan for your life, what would it be?
6. What animal do you most relate to and why?
7. What person from any movie or book would be the best/worst possible roommate?
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
9. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
10. What is the strangest ice-breaker question you’ve been asked?