6. The Pirates are also the only team known to have a hallucinogenic-drug-induced no-hitter in its history.
Certainly one of the stranger things to have happened in baseball history
7. But its been a while since the Buccos last had a winning season.
It was 1992. The Pirates went all the way to the National League Championship Series, but lost to the Atlanta Braves.
Bill Clinton, Ross Perot and George H.W. Bush were vying for the American Presidency.
The Space Shuttle Endeavour took its maiden flight.
And Miley Cyrus was born.
12. The Pirates, meanwhile, spent the next two decades losing season after season.
The longest streak of losing seasons in major American professional sports.
13. But not anymore!
22. These guys have broken the streak.
and also made an awesome SNL-inspired scoreboard video. Note that Pedro Alvarez is wearing a Thundercats shirt.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Far-right protesters climbed Berlin's famous Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.