6. The Pirates are also the only team known to have a hallucinogenic-drug-induced no-hitter in its history.
Certainly one of the stranger things to have happened in baseball history
7. But its been a while since the Buccos last had a winning season.
It was 1992. The Pirates went all the way to the National League Championship Series, but lost to the Atlanta Braves.
Bill Clinton, Ross Perot and George H.W. Bush were vying for the American Presidency.
The Space Shuttle Endeavour took its maiden flight.
And Miley Cyrus was born.
12. The Pirates, meanwhile, spent the next two decades losing season after season.
The longest streak of losing seasons in major American professional sports.
13. But not anymore!
22. These guys have broken the streak.
and also made an awesome SNL-inspired scoreboard video. Note that Pedro Alvarez is wearing a Thundercats shirt.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Actor Bill Paxton, who starred in a number of films — "Twister" "Titanic," and "Apollo 13" — has died at 61.
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱