6. The Pirates are also the only team known to have a hallucinogenic-drug-induced no-hitter in its history.
Certainly one of the stranger things to have happened in baseball history
7. But its been a while since the Buccos last had a winning season.
It was 1992. The Pirates went all the way to the National League Championship Series, but lost to the Atlanta Braves.
Bill Clinton, Ross Perot and George H.W. Bush were vying for the American Presidency.
The Space Shuttle Endeavour took its maiden flight.
And Miley Cyrus was born.
12. The Pirates, meanwhile, spent the next two decades losing season after season.
The longest streak of losing seasons in major American professional sports.
13. But not anymore!
22. These guys have broken the streak.
and also made an awesome SNL-inspired scoreboard video. Note that Pedro Alvarez is wearing a Thundercats shirt.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰