1. They look kind of like flying penguins
They may not be closely related to penguins, but they can both fly and swim. This is a significant improvement.
2. Puffins feed almost entirely on fish
An adult puffin will eat as much as 40 fish per day. Take that Joey Chestnut!
3. Puffins live in colonies
With most birds, you only see one or two at a time, but not puffins!
6. They come in multiple species
This is a Tufted Puffin.
This is an Atlantic Puffin (also known as a Common Puffin)
7. Cute babies (obviously)
9. They know how to really strike a pose
10. They look great in black and white
11. Webbed feet!
All of the best birds have webbed feet.
12. They are really cute!
The Clowns of the Sea!
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂