1. November 1947: Introducing the iconic and multifaceted Lena Horne.
2. July 1949: Billie Holiday declares she is rehabilitated.
3. June 1962: An intimate look at Dorothy Dandridge prior to her death.
4. November 1962: Remembering Booker T. Washington and praising Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
5. June 1965: The Supremes at the height of their career.
6. January 1967: Nichelle Nichols paved the way for black women in television.
7. May 1971: Tina and Ike Turner.
8. November 1974: Marvin Gaye makes a comeback.
9. December 1983: Vanessa Williams, the first black Miss America.
10. May 1984: Michael Jackson on top of the world.
11. February 1986: The Cosby Show changes the face of the American parent.
12. March 1987: Oprah Winfrey secures her spot in talk show history.
13. May 1991: Whitney Houston on the rise.
14. November 1991: Michael Jordan's first retirement.
15. May 1999: Lauryn Hill becomes a superstar.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!