First of all, there's really no such thing as not being black enough.
1. You go in for a handshake and things get...awkward.
2. Your friends ask you to join their bands because they assume you've got rhythm.
3. You've been made fun of because you talk "white."
4. When your friends quote Friday they always look to you for validation.
5. Friends have told you that you're "not really black."
6. Lovers have been shocked to discover the actual size of your...equipment.
7. Others call you out when you comment on the plight of inner-city youth, since you grew up in the suburbs.
8. People are shocked to learn you don't know all the words to every 2Pac song.
9. You're usually the first pick and sometimes the biggest disappointment at game time.
10. When you jump in the pool, your friends are more worried about your hair than you are.
11. Your cousin says you sound "stuck up" when you use proper grammar.
12. So you may have bought this book.
13. When you sing, people expect Aretha Franklin but get something more like Sara Bareilles.
14. People who have spoken to you on the phone are always surprised when they meet you in person.
15. Some find it strange how much you love country music.
16. When you go out, friends ask you to teach them the latest dance craze... but you may not have heard of it.
17. Your uncle wonders why you use a shower sponge instead of a wash rag.
18. You stay pretty chill when you get upset, which baffles those expecting an "angry black" response.
19. People try to get you to pick "a side."
Just keep doing you the best way you know how.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!