1. Plomeek Soup - Star Trek: The Original Series
Plomeek soup is a traditional morning meal on the Vulcan homeworld. Taking a page from the mostly vegetarian Vulcans, the Earth version is vegan-friendly.
• 1 onion
• 2 garlic cloves
• 5 carrots
• 2 small-medium sweet potatoes, peeled
• 3 small-medium beetroots, peeled
• 3 sticks celery
• 1 litre vegetable stock
• Salt and pepper
• Vegetable oil
• Parsley for garnish (optional)
Once you have your ingredients, follow these instructions.
2. Rokeg Blood Pie - Star Trek: The Next Generation
An ancient Klingon recipe, Rokeg blood pie is served during their “Day of Honor” holiday. In direct contrast to the Vulcans, this dish is decidedly not vegan friendly.
• 600ml / 20 fl oz pig’s blood
• 150ml / 5 fl oz heavy cream
• 280g / 10oz pork back fat, finely diced
• 280g / 10oz onions, finely diced
• 2 tablespoons rolled oats
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
• 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
• 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
• 1/2 tablespoon chili flakes (optional)
• 3 small beetroots with long roots (if preparing the pie to look like it does on the show)
After you’ve set up your prep, head over here for preparation directions.
3. Heart of Targ - Star Trek: The Next Generation
Another traditional Klingon meal, a Targ heart (Klingon boars) is believed to bring courage to the warrior who eats it.
• 6 Lamb’s hearts
• 1 head of kale, sliced into thin strips
• 6 stalks of celery, sliced into small pieces
• 1/2 cup water
• Vegetable oil
For the sauce:
• 1 cup red wine
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Follow these steps to have your Day of Honor main course.
4. Jumba Stick - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Made from the sap of the Bajoran jumja tree, these confections are notable for their insane sweetness.
• 1/4 cup golden syrup
• 1/4 cup treacle
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup water
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, follow these steps to create the sweet treat.
5. Hasperat - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
A well known spicy Bajoran food, it is cooked in a special brine which scorches the tongue if done right.
• 1/4 white cabbage
• 1 litre water
• 250ml vinegar
• 1 teaspoon of sugar
• 125g salt
• 3-4 hot chillies to taste, chopped fine
• Juice of one lemon
Be sure you’re ready to start prep a week in advance to properly brine the ingredients.
6. Algae Puffs - Star Trek: Voyager
A local baked Enaran delicacy.
• 4 ounces / 1 stick / 115g butter
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup plain flour
• 4 eggs
• 35g dried seaweed, in small flakes or powdered
The step-by-step instructions are easy to follow and also show how to convert them into cheese puffs.
7. Luhvian Quail - Star Trek: Voyager
A small bird of similar to the Earth quail and served in truffle sauce, it makes a fine starter to any multi-course dinner.
• 6 quail
• 1 litre water - 500ml boiling, 500ml chilled or at room temperature
• 30g salt
• 4 carrots
• 8-10 mushrooms
• 1/2 pumpkin, cut into rounds
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 4 springs fresh thyme, for garnish
• 2-3 vol-au-vent cases
• Splash of olive oil
For the truffle sauce:
• 1-2 thin slices of truffle, chopped fine
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon Madeira
• 100ml chicken stock
While it looks complicated, the directions are simple to follow along with.
8. Seltin Pâté - Star Trek: Voyager
Traditionally made with wood fungus from the Seltin planet, this pâté is a delicious appetizer for lunch or parties.
• 40g / 1.4oz butter
• 1 onion, finely sliced
• 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
• 500g / 17.5oz mushrooms such as button or swiss brown, roughly chopped
• 1 tablespoon plain flour
• 4 sprigs thyme leaves
• 1/4 cup red wine (or you can substitute water)
• 2 tablespoons cream
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the filo pastry bowl:
• 4 oven-safe ramekins or small dishes
• 50-70g melted butter
• 1/2 packet of frozen filo pastry
After following the recipe, the resulting tiny pâté bowls are delectable and adorable.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.