This is a Petrolia post mortem photo by Robson . It was extremely expensive to have a photo taken during Victorian times. Only the wealthy could afford such a luxury. If a child or other loved one died it was a common practice to have a photo taken either alone or as in this case with the family especially if there was not yet a living likeness.If you look closely you can see a base behind the girls feet and a post would go up from that with clamps at the waist and neck and the clothing would be open at the back. The arms would have stiff wires running at the back to hold them in place. Also notice the strange placement of the hands. The pupils are painted on the closed eyelids.
7. Audiences have been waiting for DC’s Wonder Woman movie since we got a glimpse of her in Batman vs. Superman, and now the trailer is finally out.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- John McCain and Trump were supposed to be sworn enemies. But now the president may hire some of his former aides 🤗
- The massive investigation into professional soccer corruption is still alive and, well, kicking ⚽️
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥