2. Bonus! The Japanese version has 12 extra seconds of footage.
The extra seconds have Cumberbatch asking someone, most likely Kirk, if there is anything he wouldn’t do for his family. But does he mean Kirk’s crew/adopted family or is Cumberbatch rhetorically trying to justify his character’s actions as in defense of his own family?
Also, is that Spock dying like in Star Trek 2? Is the implication that certain events are inevitable despite this being an alternate reality splintered off from the Prime universe? ANSWER ME, ABRAMS!
Hat tip to VideoDumpingGround
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.