18. “To Be King” - The Lion King
Meant as a solo for Mufasa to teach Simba about the ways of kingship, the song was cut for not fitting the tone of James Earl Jones’ portrayal of the character.
17. “I Knew I Belonged to Her” - The Jungle Book
Sung by Mowgli after Bagheera decides the boy must return to his own people.
16. “I Can’t Believe My Heart” - Hercules
The original song meant to show Megara was falling in love with Hercules. It was replaced with “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” when the writers decided she wasn’t a ballad kind of girl.
15. “Never Smile at a Crocodile” - Peter Pan
Perhaps the most famous deleted Disney song, it was written for Peter to sing but eventually was cut. However, it ended up being sung during an episode of The Muppet Show.
14. “Dancing on a Cloud” - Cinderella
The original song set to the dance scene, it was replaced by “So This Is Love.”
13. “Music in Your Soup” - Snow White
The song was supposed to immediately follow the washing sequence but was cut for time.
12. “I’m Odd” - Alice in Wonderland
Written as the original introduction to Cheshire Cat, it was scrapped during the tumultuous and long production process for the film. (Skip to 2:30 for the song.)
11. “Riddle Diddle” - Sleeping Beauty
The song was originally meant to be sung during the montage where the fairies are setting up for Aurora’s birthday.
10. “Call Me a Princess” - Aladdin
Before her personality change called for this song to be scrapped, Jasmine’s first song showed her to be spoiled, vain, and pretty horrible.
9. “One Dance” - The Little Mermaid
This solo of Ariel’s was eventually cut and replaced by the iconic “Part of Your World.”
8. “Snuff Out the Light” - Emperor’s New Groove
The original plot had Yzma trying to capture the sun to gain powers of eternal youth instead of stealing the throne for herself.
7. “Dancing to the Wedding Drum” - Pocahontas
In early development, Pocahontas’ marriage to Kocoum was imminent instead of just announced.
6. “You Can Count on Me” - Aladdin
The music and lyrics were both by Alan Menken after the passing of lyricist and friend Howard Ashman.
5. “Keep ‘Em Guessing” - Mulan
In the end, Eddie Murphy added enough personality to Mushu without a perfunctory introductory song and it was scrapped.
4. “If I Never Knew You” - Pocahontas*
*For the 10th anniversary extended edition of Pocahontas, Disney fully animated the love song from the end credits.
3. “Human Again” - Beauty and the Beast*
*Originally slated after the scene where Belle and Beast are reading Shakespeare, this song now lives on in the stage show and was eventually restored in the 2002 Special Edition released on IMAX.
2. “The Working Song” - Cinderella
A scrapped fantasy sequence set after her stepmother tells Cinderella she can only come to the ball if she finishes all her chores.
1. “Proud of Your Boy” - Aladdin
When Aladdin’s mother was cut due to time constraints on the film, this song was also reluctantly shelved. (Skip to 1:45 to hear the song.)