1. 1. Turn Me On - Kevin Lyttle
The summer dance song that got you going, even despite the singer’s strange high pitched voice
2. 2. Tipsy - J-Kwon
This one hit wonder is proof enough considering J-Kwon has a VEVO
3. 3. Yeah! - Usher feat. Lil Jon and Ludacris
Before Usher was rocking red shoes and a leg lift on a spinning chair on The Voice, he had the biggest hit of 2004. Blue laser lights included.
4. 4. Outkast - Hey Ya!
2004 in music would be nothing without Outkast. With The Way You Move, Roses, and Hey Ya! Outkast made us all shake it like a polaroid picture.
5. 5. Freek-a-Leek - Petey Pablo
Shameka, Keisha, Tara, Shonda, Sabrina, Crysta, Daronda, Theresa, Felicia, Tenisha, Sha’von, Monica, Monique, Christina, and Yolanda all wondering how Petey Pablo would like it.
6. 6. Dip It Low - Christina Milian
We would all rather Christina Milian dipped it low instead of telling us to tweet things about The Voice.
7. 7. Get Low - Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz
The king of crunk knew what was up in 2004. The song that gave us “to the windows, to the wall” I’ll let you finish the rest
8. 8. Milkshake - Kelis
A euphemism has never been used as well. Bonus points: It all reminds of us the fellow 2004 hit Mean Girls
9. 9. Toxic - Britney Spears
Pre-crazy/shaved head/beating cars with an umbrella Britney. Plus, c’mon that bejeweled body outfit or her completely unrealistic flight attendant look? Perfect
10. 10. Move Ya Body - Nina Sky
You never bought the Nina Sky CD, but damn were we all lucky it was on Now 16.
11. 11. Leave (Get Out) - JoJo
Before she had record label problems she was every teenagers kiss off anthem
12. 12. Pieces of Me - Ashlee Simpson
It seems like we can all rest our heads on something real back in Ashlee Simpson’s days of her MTV show, Ryan Cabrera, and dyed black hair that led to this love song.
13. 13. The Reason - Hoobastank
The 6th most popular song from 2004, so as much as we all pretend we never liked Hoobastank we are all lying
14. 14. Meant to Live - Switchfoot
The song for all us lovers of The O.C. and One Tree Hill trying to be alternative
15. 15. Eamon - F*** It (I Don’t Want You Back)
The break up song of all break up songs.
16. 16. Suga Suga - Baby Bash feat. Frankie J
Nothing like singing suga suga how you get so fly
17. 17. Lose My Breath - Destiny’s Child
The bad ass walking in slow motion song of 2004
18. 18. Drop It Like It’s Hot - Snoop Dogg
Who needs Snoop Lion when 2004’s Snoop Dogg gave us this slow jam
19. 19. Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
Before all the auto tune and strange Superbowl laser shows, there was this club thumper that made us fall in love with Fergie-Ferg
20. 20. This Love - Maroon 5
The song and video that made us all fall in love with Adam Levine
21. Honorable Mention: Sorry 2004 - Ruben Studdard
22. Bigger Honorable Mention: Wardrobe Malfunction 2004
One of the most infamous music performances of the Millennium happened you guessed it, in 2004.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰