I have been job hunting in NYC and some of the things I have come across have been shocking. I refuse to use any company names due to legal purposes, but this is what I have experienced. Since our current economy does not favor young people, we are willing to do whatever it takes to get a job - and unfortunately, we often get taken advantage of. If you find yourself in any similar situation, please remove yourself.
Christian Bale doesn’t get it either.
10. 5. People Cheering
Am I really supposed to believe that a “leading company” has people cheering every two minutes?
This is NOT the Oscars.
12. 6. YELP
You know those trusty restaurant reviews on Yelp? Don’t forget they do it with businesses too (and most of the people are brutally honest). Yelp and review the company before you go in - if you don’t know who they are. This can save you!
16. 8. The “Preliminary” Interview
Let’s be real; if they call you for an interview and then tell you when you get there that it is only a 3 minute preliminary interview, then we have a problem.
21. 10. That “Strange Feeling”
Sometimes you get those strange feelings that something is off… STICK WITH IT. Most of the time it is a huge NO-NO.
24. WITHOUT PAY!?
Seriously guys, if a company is asking you to work an 8 hour day without pay for a second interview, just walk away.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're still not done," a police official said Sunday afternoon.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italy's prime minister to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- Instead of ornaments, a woman decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄