I have been job hunting in NYC and some of the things I have come across have been shocking. I refuse to use any company names due to legal purposes, but this is what I have experienced. Since our current economy does not favor young people, we are willing to do whatever it takes to get a job - and unfortunately, we often get taken advantage of. If you find yourself in any similar situation, please remove yourself.
Christian Bale doesn’t get it either.
10. 5. People Cheering
Am I really supposed to believe that a “leading company” has people cheering every two minutes?
This is NOT the Oscars.
12. 6. YELP
You know those trusty restaurant reviews on Yelp? Don’t forget they do it with businesses too (and most of the people are brutally honest). Yelp and review the company before you go in - if you don’t know who they are. This can save you!
16. 8. The “Preliminary” Interview
Let’s be real; if they call you for an interview and then tell you when you get there that it is only a 3 minute preliminary interview, then we have a problem.
21. 10. That “Strange Feeling”
Sometimes you get those strange feelings that something is off… STICK WITH IT. Most of the time it is a huge NO-NO.
24. WITHOUT PAY!?
Seriously guys, if a company is asking you to work an 8 hour day without pay for a second interview, just walk away.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝