1. The chorus of 10cc’s classic, ‘Dreadlock Holiday’, more or less sums up the feelings of most Americans. They don’t like cricket.
16. One of the greatest things about cricket is the sledging
Sledging is a nice name for giving the opposing players all sorts of abuse in order to put them off. The above back and forth from Glenn McGrath and Eddo Brandes is arguably the most famous example of the sledger becoming the sledgee.
17. Fielding positions have bizarre yet brilliant names. Like…
38. And last, but by no means least… there aren’t many sports you can play whilst eating a toasted sandwich
- Beloved actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- California lawmakers have passed a bill that would require prison time for those convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious victim.
- Apple will unveil the newest iPhones on September 7. Expect a new dual-camera system and NO headphone jack 📱