1. British fine artist Tracey Emin’s highly renowned 1998 work of art, My Bed, will be up for auction next month and art collectors are willing to pay a pretty hefty price to take it home.
The incredibly personal ready-made comes with condoms, slippers, stuffed animals and used underwear.
2. The bed was first put on display at Saatchi Gallery in 2003.
Here you can see the artist standing beside her work on opening night.
3. The bed which is described by the artist as “half like a crime scene but half like a diary” was the artist’s actual bed where she endured a particularly emotional nervous breakdown.
4. The sale will be quite a step up from her previous bed-turned-art which sold for $500,000 in 2009.
And yet when I spill coffee on my IKEA mattress it is deemed “worthless”!
- Beloved actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- California lawmakers have passed a bill that would require prison time for those convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious victim.
- Apple will unveil the newest iPhones on September 7. Expect a new dual-camera system and NO headphone jack 📱