1. British fine artist Tracey Emin’s highly renowned 1998 work of art, My Bed, will be up for auction next month and art collectors are willing to pay a pretty hefty price to take it home.
The incredibly personal ready-made comes with condoms, slippers, stuffed animals and used underwear.
2. The bed was first put on display at Saatchi Gallery in 2003.
Here you can see the artist standing beside her work on opening night.
3. The bed which is described by the artist as “half like a crime scene but half like a diary” was the artist’s actual bed where she endured a particularly emotional nervous breakdown.
4. The sale will be quite a step up from her previous bed-turned-art which sold for $500,000 in 2009.
And yet when I spill coffee on my IKEA mattress it is deemed “worthless”!
- An armed militant group is urging its members to patrol polling stations on election day, a move the group's leaders say is aimed at preventing voter fraud.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- And here's everything you need to know about Apple's Fall Mac Event📱 🍎