1. British fine artist Tracey Emin’s highly renowned 1998 work of art, My Bed, will be up for auction next month and art collectors are willing to pay a pretty hefty price to take it home.
The incredibly personal ready-made comes with condoms, slippers, stuffed animals and used underwear.
2. The bed was first put on display at Saatchi Gallery in 2003.
Here you can see the artist standing beside her work on opening night.
3. The bed which is described by the artist as “half like a crime scene but half like a diary” was the artist’s actual bed where she endured a particularly emotional nervous breakdown.
4. The sale will be quite a step up from her previous bed-turned-art which sold for $500,000 in 2009.
And yet when I spill coffee on my IKEA mattress it is deemed “worthless”!
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸