We all know why 6 was afraid of 7...so here are some other funny math jokes that you probably haven't heard before — courtesy of Reddit, Twitter and Tumblr — for the next time you're trying to be the math class clown!
3. "So a Roman walks into a bar, holds up two fingers and says, 'I'll have five beers, please.'"
6. "A guy walks in to a bar and shouts "Give me ten times the number of drinks everyone in here is drinking!" The bartender replies 'That my friend, is an order of magnitude.'"
7. "There are two kinds of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data..."
9. Jeff Bezos' secret:
12. Simple geometry:
16. Everyone's favorite show:
18. "What do you get when you cross an elephant and a grape? Elephant grape sine theta."
19. "Three statisticians are at archery. The first one misses the target ten feet to the left. The second one misses the target ten feet to the right. The third one shouts, 'Bulls-eye!'"
20. Going back to your roots:
23. "There are three types of people in the world: those who can count and those who cannot."
24. No one:
26. "Why didn't the topologist's marriage work out? He though arbitrary unions were open."
28. Perspective shift:
29. "Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine. Why was six afraid of eight? Induction!"
30. "We know that 6 was afraid of 7 because 7 8 9. But why did 7 eat 9? He wanted to have 3 squared meals a day."
31. Fully functional:
32. "Why do they mow the grass in the middle of a divided highway? So the median's mean can be mode."
33. "My girlfriend is like the square root of -100, a perfect 10 but totally imaginary."
34. "I don't know about math, but I definitely love jokes about Sweden. I mean, for starters, their flag is a big plus."
35. No longer at odds:
36. A generational difference:
37. The amazing diversity of nature:
39. The best cheese:
40. Everyone's favorite state:
41. How coffee is made:
42. "The volume of a cylinder with radius z and height a can be expressed as pi * z * z * a."
43. The REAL answer:
44. "My wife told me she thought that conic sections were the greatest thing ever, but I told her to stop being so hyperbolic."
45. The important difference:
46. Lots and lots of berries:
47. Frowns upside down:
48. The most perfect words in the world:
49. Proper labeling:
50. Epic arguments:
51. "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who know binary, those who don't, and those who didn't expect this joke to be in base 3."
53. Disgusting tans:
54. He has the right angle:
55. Don't be obtuse:
57. A math-scot:
58. A classic math thriller:
59. This one's a thinker:
60. Scary moments at home:
61. True terror:
62. Test scores:
63. Everyone's favorite day:
64. You + me = we:
65. Coping mechanisms:
67. A visual reminder:
68. The easiest problem to solve:
69. A helpful Venn diagram:
70. Tomato, tomahto:
71. Show your work:
72. Marvel's hot new movie:
73. Pokemon math:
74. The beauty of nature:
75. The important difference:
76. An apPEELing equation:
77. "An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first orders a beer. The second orders half of a beer. The third orders a quarter of a beer. The fourth begins to order, but the bartender cuts him off, saying, 'You guys need to know your limits,' and putting two beers on the bar."
78. A *complimentary* angle:
80. No half measures:
81. "A physicist, a biologist, and a mathematician are sitting in a street cafe watching people entering and leaving the house on the other side of the street. First, they see two people entering the house. Time passes. After a while, they notice three people leaving the house. The physicist says, 'The measurement wasn't accurate.' The biologist says, 'They must have reproduced.' The mathematician says, 'If one more person enters the house, then it will be empty.'"
83. Integratin' issues:
84. "Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine. Why was six afraid of eight? Induction!"
86. Binge watching:
87. "What do you get when you cross a mosquito and a mountain climber? Silly mathematicians, you can't cross a vector and a scalar!"
88. Shouting problems:
89. "Pi and I got into an argument. Pi told me, 'I'm just keeping it real.' I said to pi, 'No, you're being irrational.'"
90. “Eight says to his friends seven and nine, ‘Hey guys, meet my new friend square root -1. ‘Seven says to nine, ‘Why can't I see anyone?’”
This article contains content from Dave Stopera and Sam Weiner. It was compiled by Kelly Rissman.