21 Signs You're Dating A Designer
Buying gifts for them is stressful, and why did they have to ruin Arial for you?
1. Every restaurant excursion starts with loud snarking on the menu’s typefaces.
2. They choose their dinner wines by label design.
3. This is your date night.
4. Their furniture is uncomfortable.
You get a hard Eames chair if you're lucky. A throne of pencils if you're not.
5. It takes months to replace a broken lamp because none of the ones you can afford look good enough.
You read that right. It's $105,000.
6. Sometimes they're too picky to even own furniture.
7. They inflict upon you a painful awareness of kerning.
8. They complain about new Adobe Suites the way other couples complain about their landlords.
9. Buying gifts for them is stressful. Nothing is cool enough.
10. If you're buying books for them, you choose the cover designer carefully.
Cover design by Peter Mendelsund? Hell yes. By Chip Kidd? Depends how they feel about Chip Kidd.