Air guitar: It’s one of the world’s greatest pastimes. It doesn’t really matter how you play. It doesn’t matter what you air guitar to. The only thing that matters is that when you air guitar, you rock hard.
That being said: If you’re going to break out the air guitar, these are the songs you should be strumming along to.
2. Arcade Fire, “Wake Up”
Goodness, that opening riff.
4. The Black Keys, “10 A.M. Automatic”
Wait ‘till the solo comes, and go nuts.
6. Bon Jovi, “Wanted Dead Or Alive”
Perfect for air guitaring while pretending like you’re holding a Richie Sambora double-necked guitar.
8. Bruce Springsteen, “Glory Days”
You air guitared to this song at your third grade sock hop, and it hasn’t gotten old since.
11. The Darkness, “I Believe In A Thing Called Love”
12. Dire Straits, “Sultans of Swing”
That end solo: That’s your moment.
16. Guns ‘n Roses, “Paradise City”
The end solo is about as fast as one can humanly air guitar.
17. Heart, “Crazy On You”
18. The Hives, “Hate To Say I Told You So”
Those Swedes know how to write an air guitar-friendly riff.
19. Jackson 5, “I Want You Back”
You’re skeptical, but turn this on and watch your hands. It’s a weirdly excellent song to air guitar to.
20. Jimi Hendrix, “Purple Haze”
It’s Jimi. Does anything more need to be said?
23. Led Zeppelin, “Kashmir”
Prepare your fingers for all those DAH NAH NAHs and DO DO DOs.
27. Nirvana, “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
28. Pearl Jam, “Alive”
Go and wail on those first few bars.
29. Pink Floyd, “Wish You Were Here”
The mellow air guitar song you played in your room while wooing that drunk Theta sophomore year.
30. Queen, “Fat Bottomed Girls”
When that first Brian May lick comes in, just start swinging your arms like a maniac.
31. Radiohead, “Paranoid Android”
Just make sure you wait until it hits that second level.
32. Rage Against The Machine, “Bulls on Parade”
Even on air guitar, this song somehow gets loud.
33. The Ramones, “Blitzkreig Bop”
The key here: Just strum as fast as your arms will go.
34. The Rolling Stones, “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”
So many amazing Stones riffs to choose from, but there’s something especially perfect about this track.
35. Sonic Youth, “Teenage Riot”
When the song picks up about a minute in, just let the rhythm take over.
36. Spin Doctors, “Two Princes”
Another ’90s rhythm guitar part you literally cannot resist.
38. The Supremes, “You Keep Me Hanging On”
Get that rhythm air guitar going, and let Diana and the ladies take care of the rest.
39. Thin Lizzy, “The Boys Are Back In Town”
The solo. The other solo. The everything. Perfect, forever and always.
40. Tom Petty, “American Girl”
Your dad air guitared to this way back when.
41. U2, “Vertigo”
Your dad air guitars to this today.
42. Weezer, “Say It Ain’t So”
Power chords forever.
43. The White Stripes, “Seven Nation Army”
The air guitar riff your friends will sing along to.
- Turkey has become a magnet for violence. The country has suffered 434 terror attacks in the last year.
- Since Britain's vote to leave the EU, a series of xenophobic attacks against minority groups in public and online has stunned the country.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸