3. They built a stage here in 1947. There isn’t another place like this on Earth, an amphitheater with these rocks and this kind of design. It just exists, naturally, here in the foothills of Colorado.
4. As long as there’s been a stage at Red Rocks, there’s been music. Because there’s something about those rocks that produces perfect sound.
5. And the history here is incredible. How many stages can say that they’ve hosted Igor Stravinsky and also the Dead? The Mormon Tabernacle Choir one week, and the Flaming Lips the next?
8. Red Rocks takes a concert and turns it into a quasi-religious experience.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀