3. They built a stage here in 1947. There isn’t another place like this on Earth, an amphitheater with these rocks and this kind of design. It just exists, naturally, here in the foothills of Colorado.
4. As long as there’s been a stage at Red Rocks, there’s been music. Because there’s something about those rocks that produces perfect sound.
5. And the history here is incredible. How many stages can say that they’ve hosted Igor Stravinsky and also the Dead? The Mormon Tabernacle Choir one week, and the Flaming Lips the next?
8. Red Rocks takes a concert and turns it into a quasi-religious experience.
- Donald Trump responded to the father of a fallen Muslim American soldier who criticized him at the DNC, saying, "I've made a lot of sacrifices."
- Luke Aikins became the first skydiver to successfully jump out of a plane without a parachute. He landed on a net 🌎💪
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.