1. This is Raïs M’Bolhi. He’s the goalie for Algeria.
2. You remember this Landon Donovan goal in the 91st minute?
3. He was the one who let it in.
4. Yeah, that’s the kind of moment that typically defines an entire career.
5. Except that M’Bolhi got a second chance in the World Cup — four years later in the round of 16 against Germany.
6. And he turned in the performance of a lifetime.
7. Germany took 14 shots on goal, and M’Bohli made 12 saves. Many were spectacular.
8. Except that Germany’s Andre Schuerrle scored — in the 92nd minute, one minute later than the goal Donovan scored four years earlier to eliminate Algeria — and Germany went on to win, 2-1.
9. Another great performance, another loss.
10. Sorry, Raïs.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭