On April 6, 2013, Louisville came from behind to beat Wichita State in the Final Four, 72-68. Louisville went on to win the national title.
And since then, the haters have come out to explain exactly why Wichita State can’t make another incredible run in March Madness.
They say the Shockers didn’t play anyone this year.
The Shockers are 3-0 vs the RPI Top 50, and 10-0 vs the RPI Top 100. The biggest wins: at Saint Louis, vs. Tennessee, and vs. BYU.
They say the Shockers don’t have the athletes to compete with the Floridas and Arizonas in the tournament.
They even say the numbers show that the Shockers aren’t very good.
LIES. Final Four contenders are almost always among the top 20 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. Wichita State’s top 10 in both categories, according to KenPom.com.
But let’s just be clear: Wichita State is an elite team. They’re so good, you should probably pick the Shockers to win it all this March. Since that loss to Louisville, the Shockers have offered up 34 excellent reasons why:
1. Nov. 9, vs. Emporia St.
2. Nov. 12, vs. Western Kentucky
3. Nov. 14, vs. William & Mary
4. Nov. 16, vs. Tennessee St.
5. Nov. 20, at Tulsa
6. Nov. 25, vs. DePaul
7. Nov. 26, vs. BYU
8. Dec. 1, at Saint Louis
9. Dec. 7, vs. Oral Roberts
10. Dec. 14, vs. Tennessee
12. Dec. 22, vs. North Carolina Central
13. Dec. 29, vs. Davidson
14. Jan. 2, at Southern Illinois
15. Jan. 5, vs. Northern Iowa
16. Jan. 8, vs. Illinois St.
17. Jan. 11, at Missouri St.
18. Jan. 14, vs. Bradley
19. Jan. 18, vs. Indiana St.
20. Jan. 22, at Illinois St.
21. Jan. 25, at Drake
22. Jan. 28, vs. Loyola Chicago
23. Feb. 1, vs. Evansville
24. Feb. 5, at Indiana St.
25. Feb. 8, at Northern Iowa
26. Feb. 11, vs. Southern Illinois
27. Feb. 16, at Evansville
28. Feb. 19, at Loyola Chicago
29. Feb. 22, vs. Drake
30. Feb. 25, at Bradley
31. March 1, vs. Missouri St.
32. March 7, vs. Evansville
33. March 8, vs. Missouri St.
34. March 9, vs. Indiana St.
35. March 21, vs Cal Poly
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage and holiday pay in a landmark tribunal ruling 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀