Italy is a country of awesome animals; new and ancient, real and imaginary. Here's a couple I met on my recent trip around the Italy's southern region.
1. This dog wearing a hat.
2. This calzone shaped like a turtle.
3. This cutie who guards ancient Roman ruins.
4. This elephant carved out of lava.
5. All these anchovies friends.
6. This tough-but-nice street cat.
7. This mysterious orange bunny who wanders the streets of Naples at night.
8. These snakes messing with a cherub.
9. This dog shaking hands with St. Francis of Assisi.
10. This stained-glass snail.
11. These lions buddies.
12. This dog being eyed by a group of thirsty men.
13. These lovely sheepies.
14. This creepy metal bat boy.
15. This fish-thing doing a yoga-inversion pose against a confession booth.
16. These helpful lice-eating snakes.
17. This lively pooch.
18. This... rhino?
19. These demons who you can't help but feel kind of bad for.
20. This chill dog.
21. These creepy giant prawn-things.
22. This swan feeding its own blood to her babies (yum).
23. This python being smooshed by the Virgin Mary.
24. This swan being carried very carefully by Icarus.
25. These sheep who dig woodwind music.
26. This suspicious catty.
27. These completely accurate sea creatures.
28. This two-headed bull who has trouble walking, probably.
29. This lion dude.
30. These fish friends.
31. This cherub's snake chariot.
32. These peacocks and dog-llamas.
Museo di Capodimonte, Naples