16 Reasons Sam "ScrewBo" Bailey Can, Should And Probably Will Win "The X Factor"
Reports suggest she is now so far ahead in the voting as to be "unbeatable".
1. Sam Bailey is fast-becoming the major story of this year's X Factor.
2. Her first audition was the big showstopping moment of the very first episode back this year.
3. She proved her mettle in the first live show with a version of Jennifer Rush's "The Power Of Love".
4. But halfway through the competition, something unexpected has happened.
The Sun ran a story this weekend claiming to have seen the voting figures that revealed ScrewBo to be "unbeatable", leading the voting each month, sometimes by as much as 35%.
5. The paper's "insider" also claims that Simon Cowell is unhappy about this, favouring 16-year-old Tamera Foster as the winner.
Simon is besotted by Tamera and has dollar signs in his eyes when she sings. He thinks she's the full package. She has the voice, the looks and is young enough for a long career. He thinks of a young Beyonce when he thinks of Tamera... Simon knows she's more marketable than Sam and is prepared to put his money where his mouth is.
A victory for Sam would be news, since an "Over" has not won X Factor since Steve Brookstein in the very first series.
And he is so embittered over his experience that his Twitter has become a quite incredible exercise in grudge-holding.
A similar thing happened last year with crooner Chris Maloney.
7. But with ScrewBo, the affection is genuine.
There are haters of course.
8. Even Lord Sugar has weighed in on the matter.
Some people made it about the recent travails of last year's winner James Arthur.
But her mentor Sharon Osbourne has been thanking people for the relatively nice treatment Sam has been getting online.
9. When she did "My Heart Will Go On" in Movie Week, Gary said she sang it better than the time he saw Celine Dion in Vegas.
10. Yet she's also proven herself more than capable of stepping out of her comfort zone.
11. A win for Sam would be good for the show's reputation.
12. It could also help protect ratings.
13. She's growing in confidence this week, and is the only contestant not to have put in an under-par performance.
One of the things I love about this show is that all week long people want to talk to me about X Factor, and everyone is talking about you. People ask, "will this girl sell records?" Of course you will. Just because you're a woman over 30 doesn't mean you won't sell records. Celine Dion is out there, Cher was on the show the other week. You will sell records simply because you are brilliant.