1. Sam Bailey is fast-becoming the major story of this year's X Factor.
2. Her first audition was the big showstopping moment of the very first episode back this year.
3. She proved her mettle in the first live show with a version of Jennifer Rush's "The Power Of Love".
4. But halfway through the competition, something unexpected has happened.
The Sun ran a story this weekend claiming to have seen the voting figures that revealed ScrewBo to be "unbeatable", leading the voting each month, sometimes by as much as 35%.
5. The paper's "insider" also claims that Simon Cowell is unhappy about this, favouring 16-year-old Tamera Foster as the winner.
A victory for Sam would be news, since an "Over" has not won X Factor since Steve Brookstein in the very first series.
And he is so embittered over his experience that his Twitter has become a quite incredible exercise in grudge-holding.
He even has a column at BT.com where he beats off about the show.