30 Pieces Of Decor For People Who Are Very Over Minimalism
You might not need a disco ball planter, but life's a little more fun with one.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sparkling disco ball planter so your home is always party ready, even if the party is just you, your favorite song, and your sick dance moves.
2. A gold sunburst mirror because even the mirror you admire yourself in should be worth admiring.
Promising review: "I was really impressed with the quality of this piece. I didn’t have too high of expectations since it’s really affordable but it really exceeded them! It’s great. Really pretty shade of gold. Perfect size for my space and just a great purchase overall. I’m really happy with it." —Nguyen
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
3. A set of peel-and-stick vinyl tile stickers that are scratch-, water-, and fade-resistant for updating tired walls, floors, and even showers with a bright punch of pattern.
Snazzy Decal is a United States-based Etsy shop creating high-quality vinyl decals to dress up your walls and floors with stylish updates that only look expensive.
Promising review: "Almost returned because I didn’t realize they weren’t textured. Did it anyways, and they look so good!! We are half way through painting our cabinets and needed an easy project to keep us motivated." —ksaguilera
5. A golden peace sign statue if you want to hit guests over the head with your "good vibes only" policy.
6. A hidden bookshelf for getting your colorful collection of books out of those cardboard boxes and onto the walls where you can see and enjoy them. Marie Kondo said no more than 30 books but...that's just not reasonable for you.
7. An eclectic bamboo serving tray featuring original tattoo-inspired artwork that'll corral candles and remote controls while dressing up your coffee table.
9. A stick-on prismatic window film because it refracts light to fill your home with rainbows, and I simply can't think of a better way to add some color to your space than with LITERAL RAINBOWS.
Promising review: "This window film is just STUNNING! I used it for the bottom half of my windows on my main floor for added privacy, so I don’t always have to keep my curtains closed! I wasn’t expecting all the beautiful colors the film presents throughout the day. It’s like having crystal prisms all over the house and it changes from minute to minute! Applying it is also very easy, I recommend getting the application kit that is recommended by Amazon." —Stacy A.
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in seven sizes).
10. A cozy duvet bed set in a variety of bright and bold prints if you found that minimalist white bedding just simply isn't practical for bedtime pet snuggles or snacking — two of life's greatest joys.
This set includes one duvet cover and two matching pillow shams.
Promising review: "I love this duvet cover! I've been looking for this kind of cotton bedding for forever — it's soft and silky, but not too silky. The pattern is beautiful with rich colors, and there are ties inside the cover to keep the comforter in place. It went through the wash before using, and there were no loose threads or unraveling. There was a shipping snafu that caused a delay, but customer service was great and promptly fixed the issue." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in two sizes and in 20 styles).
11. An adhesive forest door decal that'll transform any boring door into a magical portal to a mystical forest. I can almost guarantee none of your friends will have anything like it!
Dream Vinyl is an Etsy shop designing and creating a wide range of vivid adhesive decals to easily transform your walls and doors.
Promising review: "I am very pleased with the quality and the care taken to ship it to me. It arrived much earlier than I expected. Friends and family that come to visit us can't stop talking about it, and how BEAUTIFUL it is...Thanks soooooo much." —Maria Zeledon
12. A set of mini vases in bright jewel tones to fill any and every available space with fresh flower cuttings.
13. A rainbow braided area rug for tying together all your eclectic, mismatched decor with a cotton and jute rug that has ALLLL the colors!
14. A glowing boba tea light that'll let the world know just how much you love boba *AND* innovative illumination.
This is battery-powered (three AAA, not included) so no messy wires to deal with.
Promising review: "Got it for my friend. She and I love bubble tea and she loved this cute little lamp as well. Gives a nice warm glow and is just so adorable. Pretty small but fits on a bookshelf nicely." —ghostpepprrr
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $22.
15. A multi-print shower curtain so your bathroom can feel bright and lively even if everything else is a sterile shade of white.
Promising review: "I was eyeballing this shower curtain for a while. I’m so happy that I finally purchased it and it looks great in our lower level bath. Beautiful, vibrant colors, has weight to it, and feels good to the touch (no wrinkles — liner required). It has button holes and not the cheap grommets. There’s a variation in the pattern depending where the length was cut during manufacturing (one solid piece). See my photo compared to the one on the site. Extremely pleased with this curtain and the cat agrees too!" —MBF
Get it from Amazon for $17.40.
16. An embroidered leopard lumbar pillow because the world is constantly throwing adorable throw pillows our way, and I'm just not sure how we're expected to resist that constant temptation.
17. A tufted wingback task chair to comfortably get all your work done in a chair that isn't black, made of mesh, and clashes with your ~aesthetic~ sensibilities.
18. A twinkling string light curtain for reminding you that when it comes to string lights, more is more, and this 10-strand curtain makes getting your home's glow on easier than ever.
Diffuse the lights with chiffon curtains to really up your home's hygge factor.
Promising review: "I bought this product to liven up my apartment. I love it! It arrived quickly and was easy to set up. The only issue I have was that the cord for the plug is WAY too short, I had to buy a cord extender so I could plug it in. But the lights are very soft, not too bright. Perfect! There are many different settings too for the lights to glow, or blink in. Definitely a bang for your buck👌🏽" —Chloe
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (also available with color options)
19. These geode resin coasters if you're looking for a set so jaw-droppingly gorgeous you and your guests won't just remember to use a coaster, you'll want to!
Amelie Hubert Art is a Colorado-based Etsy shop established in 2015 that specializes in spiritually inspired and resin art.
Promising review: "I am in love with these coasters and I constantly get compliments on them. I can’t wait to order more in another color." —IsabelKatarina
21. A remote-controlled moon lamp with 16 different color options so you can recreate the happy feeling of sleeping under the stars every night.
This has 16 colors. The moon itself is true to the actual moon's surface and texture. It can be controlled by touch or by remote and runs on a rechargeable battery. You can charge the lamp on your computer, power bank, or wall outlet.
Promising review: "Really enjoying this moon light. I see that there are other companies producing these moon lamps. I have to say that this product far exceeded my expectations for the price. The lamp is a joy. Stays charged for long periods of time. The lighting options with a remote are wonderful. This item is also very durable, as it has been dropped many times, but still worked great. Recommended." —TSMinAZ
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in seven sizes).
22. A tufted velvet ottoman in a luxurious blue hue to replace your basic coffee table or just add some cushy extra seating wherever it's needed.
Promising review: "I put this in my master bath as a way to complete the spa look I was trying to achieve and this piece did not disappoint. While it is lightweight it is still sturdy. Took seconds to put the feet on and it sits very level. Everyone that takes a peek at my master bath make a point to sit on it and indicates how comfortable it is and how they want one. I would recommend the purchase — great accent at a great price." —BA Bartosch
Get it from Amazon for $192.79.
23. A surrealist melting clock because normal clocks are boring and this one is just as functional and Salvador Dalí-approved.
Promising review: "This is an awesome clock for anyone who loves Dali and surrealist art. It is a great value for the money considering it is super cool and seems to be good quality. The whole clock is encased in a distorted plastic bubble which is very cool. The metallic part is also plastic which is fine. It ticks a bit loudly, but I personally like that, I'm just glad such a cool clock is also fully functional." —Zach
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
24. A vintage style baroque picture frame to spice up your gallery wall with museum-level flair, and break up all those plain rectangle frames.
Promising review: "The frame is unique and beautiful. Looks like a fun vintage find. My glass arrived broken but the seller provided a quick return and replacement. Excellent product and customer service! Very happy customer!" —Reese
Get it from Amazon for $23.49+ (available in four sizes and in nine styles).
25. Plus, a printable digital art print if you'd like a constant reminder up on your walls that the fit, the hair, and the makeup take time and just simply can't be rushed.
Grace Digital Art Co is a United Kingdom-based Etsy shop that sells modern digital art downloads that you can instantly download, print and hang in your home!
Promising review: "So easy to download and have printed! Such a fun piece for my bathroom!" —Katie Lynne
26. A metallic glass table lamp with a brass-colored base that transforms into a colorful, 3D surprise every time you turn it on.
Bonus — the lightbulb is included!
Promising review: "I am totally in love with this lamp! Pictures don't do it justice. The base is kind of brass colored when it is off; but turns into a party when turned on. Oh My Goodness!! The colors are so vibrant...it is just beautiful! I placed it in the foyer and turn it on at dark to illuminate the area. It more than serves it's purpose, and the entire family loves it." —GINGER 330
Get it from Amazon for $49.97+ (available in three sizes).
27. A double-walled glass ashtray that can double as a catchall trinket dish for protecting your furniture and adding a whole lot of handblown, one-of-a-kind charm to your space.
Laundry Day is a woman-owned small biz founded by Victoria Ashley, who is on a mission to provide more approachable, design-forward smokeware and accessories that dispel stigmas and elevate the cannabis experience for everyone.
I own a vase (currently sold out) with a similar pattern by the same amazing artist who designed and created these ashtrays. The pieces feel heavy-duty and the colors are even more vibrant and beautiful in-person!
Get it from Laundry Day for $72.
28. A boho printed floor pillow cover to brighten any corner and turn it into a cozy spot to meditate, read, or binge-watch Ted Lasso.
This is just a pillow COVER, so be sure to pick up a support pillow to fill it with!
Promising review: "This cushion cover is so lovely. The colors are beautiful and vibrant. The tassel details are a nice touch. It makes the perfect centerpiece for my yoga and meditation area." —Amy C. Bennett
Get a it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in three sizes and in 26 styles).
29. A playful set of taper candles in a mix of whimsical ridged silhouettes that you can burn or just leave out on your table as eye-catching decor.
Coming Soon New York is a (you guessed it) New York-based small biz founded at the intersection between Manhattan's Lower East Side and Chinatown. It's a furniture store and gift shop that curates, creates, and sells deliciously designed home goods.
Get it from Coming Soon New York for $18+ (available in packs of two or four and in two colors).
30. A colorful wireless keyboard and mouse set because your desk has become a permanent fixture in your home, and this set will add some joy-inducing color without any ugly cords to tie you down.
The set includes a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse with a USB receiver. Pick up some AA batteries — both will need them!
Promising review: "Every time I walk into my red office and see this beautiful keyboard it makes me happy. It looks just like it does in the photo. It's such a jolt of color and with its cool circular retro buttons, it's just a pleasure to use. If you need a pick me up (and who doesn't this year?), I can't recommend this highly enough." —CA-girl
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in 11 styles).