16 Really Wild Local News Stories That Need Some Recognition ASAP
If you need me, I'll be having nightmares about the "Toe Suck Fairy."
1. A man who attempted to burglarize a home in Brevard County, Florida, was killed by an alligator while hiding from the cops in a swamp.
2. A man from Athens, Alabama, was charged with a state wildlife offense after feeding meth to an "attack squirrel" he had in his apartment. He named it "Deeznutz."
3. An Arkansas man nicknamed the "Toe Suck Fairy" served jail time in the '90s for assaulting women by sucking on their toes, and making comments about cutting off their feet. He reappeared in 2011 and was arrested after two women said he asked if he could suck on their toes, and for taking the shoe off an 83-year-old woman and sucking her toes.
4. A man in Toronto was arrested for a series of attacks where he dumped a bucket of liquified poop on unsuspecting victims.
5. A man in Shawnee, Oklahoma, killed his stepfather by giving him an atomic wedgie and strangling him with his underwear.
7. A couple in Grosse Tete, Louisiana, lied about the details surrounding an odd altercation. Their dog allegedly entered an enclosure that had a camel in it, and when the wife went in to save the dog, the camel sat on her face and she bit its testicles to escape. But witnesses say they were throwing dog treats into the enclosure and that's why the dog went in.
8. A man from Blount County, Alabama, filed a lawsuit against the state for refusing to acknowledge his marriage to a computer.
10. Two New Jersey ninth-graders hacked Secaucus High School's Wi-Fi, shutting down the internet for several days. Teachers were unable to give any internet-based assignments during that time.
11. The people of Lodi, California, named a local wild turkey "Tom Kettleman" after the street they would always see him on. Sadly, he was hit by a car, and the town gathered to honor his memory. There is still a highway dedicated to him and an electric box with him painted on it.
12. A group of naked Jehovah's Witnesses in Alberta, Canada, kidnapped two adults and a baby. They thought it was the end of the world and wanted to save them.
13. A man in Santa Rosa, California, was told his fence was too tall for the city, so in protest he put up a bunch of naked mannequins after he lowered his fence. Soon after, someone stole two of the mannequins. The man said this was because his fence was too low.
14. A Port Authority bus in Pittsburgh was stopped at a red light when a sinkhole opened up underneath it and the back of the bus fell in. There was one person on the bus who was treated for minor injuries.
15. A couple was arrested for riding nude on what was reported to be a stolen lawnmower in Joplin, Missouri. They claimed that their clothes were stolen while skinny-dipping in a creek, so they rode the lawnmower home.
16. And finally, a man who was dressed as Frosty the Snowman was arrested at a local parade in Chestertown, Maryland, for assaulting a police officer following a confrontation.
Some submissions have been edited for length and clarity.